Even after their rework protection hits are still buggy

I've been trying to use Mettle of Man and I notice this a lot. Getting protection hits while the killer is carrying a survivor is working as intended but it's almost impossible getting one when you take a hit for an injured survivor. I swear either the way they calculate the hits are buggy or you literally have to be rubbing against the injured survivor as most of the time you take a hit but the game doesn't recognize it as a protection hit. Either the range you have to be near an injured survivor should be increased or they need to fix whatever thing they use to award protection hits.

Comments

  • At least 4m range please devs

  • the term protection is vague I'm sorry but if I'm taking a hit for a survivor who's 5 to 10 meters away from me that should count as protection

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    At least 4m range please devs

    4 meters is tiny. That's the range you have to be in to use Prove Thyself, you would basically be next to them. I would hope for an 8m or even 12m range.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    the term protection is vague I'm sorry but if I'm taking a hit for a survivor who's 5 to 10 meters away from me that should count as protection

    That's kind of a stretch imo.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954213#Comment_954213

    4 meters is tiny. That's the range you have to be in to use Prove Thyself, you would basically be next to them. I would hope for an 8m or even 12m range.

    Can you show me how far they are? I don't want to get protection hits for survivors on the other side of a loop.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    the term protection is vague I'm sorry but if I'm taking a hit for a survivor who's 5 to 10 meters away from me that should count as protection

    Protection Hit Score Events can be triggered every 3 seconds under the following conditions:

    • Be hit within 10 metres of an injured Survivor.
    • Be hit by the Killer carrying another Survivor.

    Copied verbatim from the official wiki. You already have your 10m range which is kinda silly to me as 10m is just a bit over 32 feet.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954215#Comment_954215

    Protection Hit Score Events can be triggered every 3 seconds under the following conditions:

    • Be hit within 10 metres of an injured Survivor.
    • Be hit by the Killer carrying another Survivor.

    Copied verbatim from the official wiki. You already have your 10m range which is kinda silly to me as 10m is just a bit over 32 feet.

    Wait it's actually ten meters you have to be in humping distance to even get a mettle of man token to register

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954227#Comment_954227

    Wait it's actually ten meters you have to be in humping distance to even get a mettle of man token to register

    Funny thing is the protection hit rules are on the mettle of man wiki page. Mettle of Man is so situational and you're having to fight with the server to count your protection status.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954215#Comment_954215

    Protection Hit Score Events can be triggered every 3 seconds under the following conditions:

    • Be hit within 10 metres of an injured Survivor.
    • Be hit by the Killer carrying another Survivor.

    Copied verbatim from the official wiki. You already have your 10m range which is kinda silly to me as 10m is just a bit over 32 feet.

    What???

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954215#Comment_954215

    Protection Hit Score Events can be triggered every 3 seconds under the following conditions:

    • Be hit within 10 metres of an injured Survivor.
    • Be hit by the Killer carrying another Survivor.

    Copied verbatim from the official wiki. You already have your 10m range which is kinda silly to me as 10m is just a bit over 32 feet.

    I never knew that they give an official range on it. 10 meters is a reasonable distance but I feel like sometimes it just doesn't register even if you're close to the survivor. Maybe a grace period of like 2 seconds where you can get a protection hit even if the injured survivor left the range would help it be more consistent.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954227#Comment_954227

    I never knew that they give an official range on it. 10 meters is a reasonable distance but I feel like sometimes it just doesn't register even if you're close to the survivor. Maybe a grace period of like 2 seconds where you can get a protection hit even if the injured survivor left the range would help it be more consistent.

    The wiki is a godsend when ever you have something like that feels so nebulous. Though sometimes it can be hard to reconcile the notes with how the game tends to function. I mean look at the infinite amount of complaints about killer lunges. The devs have said multiple times and even put in the wiki that Lunges are all the same now with only a few exceptions. Pig's Ambush is technically the longest lunge in the game do to it having the same speed stat as a normal lunge. Myers has the longest regular Lunge in the game at EW3. Though do to how hit detection works and crazy server issues it feels like you're getting hit a mile away.