Would any of you be up for a Penalty Delay?

I’m just curious about this. I thought it was a good idea and maybe the community can help build on it.

Survivors that are tunneled early-game usually de-pip because they were “useless” to the games algorithm.

Killers that are “gen-rushed” end up playing a harder game which can result in a de-pip if they lose.

If any of you are familiar with any RTS/4x games, they have a “Treaty System” usually between 5-20 minutes depending on what you set. Now, we do not need that long of a treaty because most games can be finished rather quickly.

Let’s say, 90-120 seconds? A solo gen takes at most 80 seconds with no items and no ruin or other penalties involved.

What if, within that treaty time, survivors that are hooked, if they die within the 90-120 second treaty are not penalized with a de-pip. The Killer is still rewarded points for the chase, destruction, and/or kill.

What if, within that treaty time, gen-repair, was slowed down by ‘x%’? Survivors are still rewarded with repairs done. After the treaty time is up, Hex totems (like Ruin) are finally activated and show. All dull totems then populate.

ALL actions normally awarded are still awarded during the treaty.

Now, I know this can promote circumstantial DC. Not liking the map, killers, survivors, etc. But from my understanding, the DEVs are working on a DC penalty.

Hook suicide can’t be prevented because it’s nearly impossible to install an algorithm intelligent enough to distinguish hook suicide.

This is an idea, any input would be greatly appreciated

Comments

  • Oh my god.

    "If I lose, I shouldn't actually lose"

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    Oh my god.

    "If I lose, I shouldn't actually lose"

    You just live your life to troll, don’t ya?

    The post is neutral favoring. Get a life bro, move on.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948535#Comment_948535

    You just live your life to troll, don’t ya?

    The post is neutral favoring. Get a life bro, move on.

    Trolling doesn't mean what you think it means. Having an opposing view is not trolling. Being right is not trolling.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948557#Comment_948557

    Trolling doesn't mean what you think it means. Having an opposing view is not trolling. Being right is not trolling.

    You are literally not worth arguing with anymore. You’re remark on my post has zilch to do with the post. You’re a troll that’s why you follow my threads. Like I said, get a life.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948557#Comment_948557

    Trolling doesn't mean what you think it means. Having an opposing view is not trolling. Being right is not trolling.

    Who says you're right?

    If you have nothing to say except the useless string of words you posted then you're invalidating your opinion on your own; so either you're too incapable or lazy to discuss like civilised people or you're just generating rubbish, which is in a way trolling.

    @LustForBP said:

    I’m just curious about this. I thought it was a good idea and maybe the community can help build on it.

    Survivors that are tunneled early-game usually de-pip because they were “useless” to the games algorithm.

    Killers that are “gen-rushed” end up playing a harder game which can result in a de-pip if they lose.

    If any of you are familiar with any RTS/4x games, they have a “Treaty System” usually between 5-20 minutes depending on what you set. Now, we do not need that long of a treaty because most games can be finished rather quickly.

    Let’s say, 90-120 seconds? A solo gen takes at most 80 seconds with no items and no ruin or other penalties involved.

    What if, within that treaty time, survivors that are hooked, if they die within the 90-120 second treaty are not penalized with a de-pip. The Killer is still rewarded points for the chase, destruction, and/or kill.

    What if, within that treaty time, gen-repair, was slowed down by ‘x%’? Survivors are still rewarded with repairs done. After the treaty time is up, Hex totems (like Ruin) are finally activated and show. All dull totems then populate.

    ALL actions normally awarded are still awarded during the treaty.

    Now, I know this can promote circumstantial DC. Not liking the map, killers, survivors, etc. But from my understanding, the DEVs are working on a DC penalty.

    Hook suicide can’t be prevented because it’s nearly impossible to install an algorithm intelligent enough to distinguish hook suicide.

    This is an idea, any input would be greatly appreciated

    Personally I think this system is way too complicated and I would rather they do something to either heavily punish survs doing gens alone or buff killers similarly to Fire Up making them faster with every gen that's completed for example, kind of the way Friday the 13th handled it.

  • @TheMonadoBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948564#Comment_948564

    Who says you're right?

    If you have nothing to say except the useless string of words you posted then you're invalidating your opinion on your own; so either you're too incapable or lazy to discuss like civilised people or you're just generating rubbish, which is in a way trolling.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115668/would-any-of-you-be-up-for-a-penalty-delay

    Personally I think this system is way too complicated and I would rather they do something to either heavily punish survs doing gens alone or buff killers similarly to Fire Up making them faster with every gen that's completed for example, kind of the way Friday the 13th handled it.

    When it's a matter of someone trying to come up with ways for losing to not be losing, and I say it's silly, yes, I'm right. You win some, you lose some. Not you win some, you tie some.

  • @TheMonadoBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/948564#Comment_948564

    Who says you're right?

    If you have nothing to say except the useless string of words you posted then you're invalidating your opinion on your own; so either you're too incapable or lazy to discuss like civilised people or you're just generating rubbish, which is in a way trolling.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115668/would-any-of-you-be-up-for-a-penalty-delay

    Personally I think this system is way too complicated and I would rather they do something to either heavily punish survs doing gens alone or buff killers similarly to Fire Up making them faster with every gen that's completed for example, kind of the way Friday the 13th handled it.

    I have Friday the 13th but have yet to play so I can’t compare! Yeah, it is complicated. It was just an idea I formulate through my own squad. To us it seems pretty neutral in fairness. It could even be a separate game mode, which I believe DBD needs to help grow it. All the rage and toxicity comes from repetitiveness. Bored players become toxic players or quit.