The Legion, the killer that people are actually assuming is weak...but

Legion is actually, not even using Dev information here, stronger than pre-patch legion.


Deep Wounds may just be another health state now, but that literally isn't Legion's power.

Legion only affects that as a bonus for landing hits with Frenzy, with the boost in Feral Frenzy movement speed and Vault speed in Frenzy, this patch literally buffed him while most of us thought of it as a nerf.


Think of it like this, Deep Wounds now forced you to run, leaving scratch marks for the killer to track, or else the timer will tick down, while Legion's power now allows him to catch up faster to the survivor than before, allowing shorter chases. If we were to buff cooldown this actually now would make legion extremely quick at ending chases and that would be an issue for a killer designed like this.

EDIT: Someone mentioned how legion's power is no longer considered a basic attack, in which is now considered special, which I can go both ways with as Sloppy Butcher is no longer as good on him with the similarity of STBFL and other fun perks. I will go with this as it exists but I hate it


In summary, its right for the devs to not continue work on Legion atm as we were never really meant to always down someone that was in DW anyways, the survivor was meant to get themselves down.

Comments

  • You didn't mention on hit changes so I'll take this post with a sizable grain of salt.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    You didn't mention on hit changes so I'll take this post with a sizable grain of salt.

    Well, I didn't mention them for a reason, I dislike them but in reality never actually used STBFL often on legion to begin with. I did use sloppy butcher though, but I am just mentioning the fact that Legion can down pretty fast now. But I will add my side to that for fun

  • Just stop, the legion doesn't move that much faster to dramatically effect chase times. It barely effects it all.

    Your ability is to find people by landing ff hits, unless you're on the last person and no one else is close enough for you to detect/run to fast enough the deep sounds changes are a nerd to legion. No count down while running and they decreases the time to get out of deep wounds.

    You're not the first to try and say he's stronger and you probably won't be the last, but he's not and I actually liked legion unlike most people

  • @MarsAttacks said:

    Just stop, the legion doesn't move that much faster to dramatically effect chase times. It barely effects it all.

    Your ability is to find people by landing ff hits, unless you're on the last person and no one else is close enough for you to detect/run to fast enough the deep sounds changes are a nerd to legion. No count down while running and they decreases the time to get out of deep wounds.

    You're not the first to try and say he's stronger and you probably won't be the last, but he's not and I actually liked legion unlike most people

    No count down while running hardly affects Legion's chase time

  • Ah yes, reverting the nerfs to their vault and Frenzy speed was such an amazing buff to their stall power.

    You're also misrepresenting what Feral Frenzy is meant for and how it works.

    According to the devs it has always been intended as a stall power. A way to pressure multiple Survivors and get them off gens. Not as a downing tool.

    There's also no way you're ending chases with Feral Frenzy. Unless the Survivor is in a dead zone or they potato things up, you will not be able to go from a 4 second stun into a quick down.

    Finally, you don't see scratchmarks while using Frenzy; the whole "Deep Wounds now [forces] you to run, leaving scratch marks for the killer to track, or else the timer will tick down, while Legion's power now allows him to catch up faster to the survivor than before" is just nonsense. It's not like Survivors in Deep Wounds were ever forced to be stealthy in the past and they certainly don't suffer at all from running while the Killer cannot see their scratchmarks or blood for at least 4 seconds.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    Ah yes, reverting the nerfs to their vault and Frenzy speed was such an amazing buff to their stall power.

    You're also misrepresenting what Feral Frenzy is meant for and how it works.

    According to the devs it has always been intended as a stall power. A way to pressure multiple Survivors and get them off gens. Not as a downing tool.

    There's also no way you're ending chases with Feral Frenzy. Unless the Survivor is in a dead zone or they potato things up, you will not be able to go from a 4 second stun into a quick down.

    Finally, you don't see scratchmarks while using Frenzy; the whole "Deep Wounds now [forces] you to run, leaving scratch marks for the killer to track, or else the timer will tick down, while Legion's power now allows him to catch up faster to the survivor than before" is just nonsense. It's not like Survivors in Deep Wounds were ever forced to be stealthy in the past and they certainly don't suffer at all from running while the Killer cannot see their scratchmarks or blood for at least 4 seconds.

    You completely mis-read that. Deep Wounds does force you to run, but I never said that you would be trying to down them via using Feral Frenzy like a weapon, you will still be able to track them. and if you think it doesn't stall still then THAT is nonsense, you can still pressure all the survivor with Deep Wounds, even with the change.

  • @Sharon_Donnely said:

    I disagree. I actually managed to complete a generator because the timer on Deep Wounds is something outrageous like 30 seconds. A 30 second bleed out timer that is instantly paused when you're mending or running is very easy to ignore.

    Also, the 4 second cooldown means it doesn't matter if you catch up to them in Feral Frenzy or not: 4 seconds is enough time to get away and find a loop, so using that to catch up to survivors rarely means anything. You should also remember that Scratches and Blood are invisible during Feral Frenzy for whatever reason, so there's that too. Legion is terrible! Don't make excuses for them!

    The bleedout is actually hard to ignore because you can't do anything with it but I agree 4 seconds is a bit much.

  • @Sharon_Donnely said:

    I disagree. I actually managed to complete a generator because the timer on Deep Wounds is something outrageous like 30 seconds. A 30 second bleed out timer that is instantly paused when you're mending or running is very easy to ignore.

    Also, the 4 second cooldown means it doesn't matter if you catch up to them in Feral Frenzy or not: 4 seconds is enough time to get away and find a loop, so using that to catch up to survivors rarely means anything. You should also remember that Scratches and Blood are invisible during Feral Frenzy for whatever reason, so there's that too. Legion is terrible! Don't make excuses for them!

    Catching up to a survivor is quicker than pre-patch, meaning in reality if you were in the same scenario with pre-patch compared to current patch, legion is actually quicker to catch up to a survivor, cooldown and down them that pre-patch

  • @Sharon_Donnely said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942464#Comment_942464

    That isn't true, like I said, I managed to complete a generator while affected by Deep Wound. You can still perform every action except for Healing yourself (Must Mend first)

    You can do it if you want to die silly

  • @MarsAttacks said:

    Just stop, the legion doesn't move that much faster to dramatically effect chase times. It barely effects it all.

    Your ability is to find people by landing ff hits, unless you're on the last person and no one else is close enough for you to detect/run to fast enough the deep sounds changes are a nerd to legion. No count down while running and they decreases the time to get out of deep wounds.

    You're not the first to try and say he's stronger and you probably won't be the last, but he's not and I actually liked legion unlike most people

    I'm not gonna stop, this community for some reason believes Deep Wounds is his power, and I am here to prove its not.


    I literally mained legion on release, then slowly stopped with rework legion being weak, then came back to them this patch. Legion's chase speed can actually go directly infront of survivors quicker than before, allowing them to block off vaults

  • @Sharon_Donnely said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942474#Comment_942474

    "legion is actually quicker to catch up to a survivor, cooldown, and down them"

    That is wrong, the cooldown remains the same which means any Survivor can get to a loop in time. Do not make bad excuses or say things you know aren't true!

    I meant that as quicker to catch up to a survivor, then you cooldown (which is unchanged without add-ons), then you try to down them. You are also a big hitbox so you can block a vault or pallet gym

  • @Sharon_Donnely said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942476#Comment_942476

    It is a long timer that is paused instantly when you Mend or Run, meaning you'll never be downed by it unless you want to be. Try it out!

    I know you can stop yourself from dying. It would be pretty strange if you could suddenly die for no reason.

  • @Sharon_Donnely said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942476#Comment_942476

    It is a long timer that is paused instantly when you Mend or Run, meaning you'll never be downed by it unless you want to be. Try it out!

    Yeah, I feel like dying today because I let the killer follow my scratch marks

  • Some love to my boi Waluidgion

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942440#Comment_942440

    You completely mis-read that. Deep Wounds does force you to run, but I never said that you would be trying to down them via using Feral Frenzy like a weapon, you will still be able to track them. and if you think it doesn't stall still then THAT is nonsense, you can still pressure all the survivor with Deep Wounds, even with the change.

    I never said that you would be trying to down them via using Feral Frenzy like a weapon

    I never said you did.

    "Unless the Survivor is in a dead zone or they potato things up, you will not be able to go from a 4 second stun into a quick down."

    "It's not like Survivors in Deep Wounds were ever forced to be stealthy in the past and they certainly don't suffer at all from running while the Killer cannot see their scratchmarks or blood for at least 4 seconds."

    Ending Feral Frenzy prevents you from seeing scratchmarks for 4 seconds and stuns you for the same amount of time. It's longer than a pallet stun. You aren't getting good tracking or a quick down from Feral Frenzy unless the Survivor just lets you.

    and if you think it doesn't stall still then THAT is nonsense

    You're the one saying Deep Wounds is meant for "Survivors to get themselves down". I'm correcting you and saying it's intended to be a stall power.

    you can still pressure all the survivor with Deep Wounds, even with the change.

    I never said you couldn't. I will say that it's stall was directly nerfed though, because it was: it takes less time to Mend because that part of Legion's kit was nerfed.

  • @Sharon_Donnely said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942486#Comment_942486

    I am starting you think you don't play Legion!

    Scratch marks are invisible while Legion is in Feral Frenzy, they don't begin to show until after it is over. You are in my humble opinion not coming off as somebody who has played Legion before, otherwise you would know these things!

    Also, any Killer can follow Scratch marks. If you are arguing that Legion's Killer Power is Scratch Marks (even though their Killer power erases Marks) you are making a better "Legion is terrible" argument than anyone!

    I literally mained legion from release to now for the fact that I wanted to find a buff for them that wouldn't kill them!


    If legion was chasing you while you were in deep wounds with Frenzy, then what is the legion doing then!

    Any killer would follow your scratch marks, including legion outside of ff jesus!

  • Devs literally just reverted some of his old nerfs and then added more nerfs to "compensate". He is not any stronger than before and he is still easily the second worst killer in the game after Clown.

  • While i concider Legion better then most people they really need some love

    They are not good

    Missing an attack in FF causes you to lose your power,get stunned for 4 seconds and put it completly on cooldown

    All for a non lethal power

    They only have a handfull of usefull addons

    And people can easilly do gens while in DW status

    30 sec timer means 1 person can do 1/3 of a gen, 2 persons can do 3/4 of a gen, if it's the last gen they don't even have to mend at all if someone else opens the gate for them

    The speed buff this patch did help a lot i'll give you that, the power is more fluent and feels better

    But after that you are solely relying on m1 chases, if you're good at those you can do decent with Legion

    I still feel they need some tweaks, probably not a lot but definitivly something