What's up with scratch marks?

Was playing a few rounds today and now I've been seeing scratch marks go all strange. A survivor can be running normally, and then the scratch marks they leave behind either don't spawn at all or spawn 5 seconds after they run past the area. Is this a dedicated server issue too?

To improve consistency, I tried running Predator to make them spawn closer to each other. But still the issue remains - there will be a large chunk of scratch marks missing even though I can visibly see the survivor running.

Comments

  • @Bill_I_Am__Overbeck said:

    Was playing a few rounds today and now I've been seeing scratch marks go all strange. A survivor can be running normally, and then the scratch marks they leave behind either don't spawn at all or spawn 5 seconds after they run past the area. Is this a dedicated server issue too?

    To improve consistency, I tried running Predator to make them spawn closer to each other. But still the issue remains - there will be a large chunk of scratch marks missing even though I can visibly see the survivor running.

    Bloodhound is surprisingly much more effective than Predator at tracking I've found, it might be able to help you, Also I do agree from the videos I've been watching the scratch marks do seem much more inconsistent than usual

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/114964/whats-up-with-scratch-marks

    Bloodhound is surprisingly much more effective than Predator at tracking I've found, it might be able to help you, Also I do agree from the videos I've been watching the scratch marks do seem much more inconsistent than usual

    Not disputing you there. I ran Predator as a means to test scratch marks, not as an actual effective tracking build.