Survivor Perk - Planning Ahead
So I was thinking of buffing Saboteur perk. Couldn't think of a catchy name though.
Planning Ahead
While sabotaging, the Auras of Generators within 28 metres are revealed to you and gain Repair progression at 30/35/40% conversion rate. Upon completing sabotage action, the Auras of affected Generators are revealed to all Survivors for 10 seconds.
Comments
oooooh, that seems super interesting actually. Would give incentive to sabo since it's super useless rn, unless ur a 4 man swf trynna be toxic
Half the conversion and it seems balanced
@Waffleyumboy
From what I found, repairing a Generator takes 80 charges, sabotaging a Hook takes 15 charges. With 40% conversion, sabotaging 15 Hook charges would be converted to 6 Generator charges. I'm not knowledgeable about relative distance between Hooks and Generators, but I'm aiming that there would be at least 2-3 Generators within certain distance to any Hook, so that sabotaging 1 Hook would give You a total of 12-18 Generator charges.
That means You'd need to sabotage 6,6~4,4 Hooks to get a total of 80 Generator charges; they would be split between many different Generators though so in the end of Your little sabotaging adventure You'd still be left with no Generators done. Which is why I don't think nerfing it more would be a good idea.
Also, should this perk ever become a problem, Surge is a counter to it.
Hooks can be sabotaged very fast. Currently you have it so that sabotaging can be more efficient than repairing which is problematic. I now see you don't actually understand the balance of this game.
@Waffleyumboy
I tested sabotage in game just now. Took 15 seconds to sabotage with a Toolbox and 30 seconds just using Saboteur perk. With Hooks having 15 charges, that gives us a speed of 1 charge per second. Generators are repaired at the same speed (1.0 c/s), so that would mean sabotaging has the same speed as repairing? Not sure how sabotaging is more efficient. If You mean toolbox like Alex's, it moderately increases sabotage speed, which is +15%. Meanwhile, Engineer's increases repair speed tremendously (+25%), and Mechanic's increases Considerably (+20%). If anything, repairing is more efficient.
You forgot 40 × 3 = 120
@Waffleyumboy
I didn't forget. As said, I tried to balanced the perk around 2-3 generators near any Hook, which gives us a conversion of 80~120%. BHVR would probably balance it so that 80% would be the norm, and 120% the rare cases. However we can't forget that all this conversion is divided between 2-3 generators, not just one single generator.
So let's say You get lucky and there are 3 generators around the Hook. You get a total of 120% charges for these generators from sabotaging. But in my opinion 40~80% charges would still be wasted. Why? Because repairing all these generators would not be optimal. As far as I know, You need to spread out which generators You repair to counter Killer's pressure and avoid ending in 3-gen hostage situation.
You're being stubborn. Sabotaging is already quite viable and it doesn't need to replace doing generators. Debuff the conversion and you've got a creative and balanced perk.