In-game chat function?
I'm sure this has been addressed before (which is why I'm not posting this into the Balance and Feedback forum), but why hasn't there been an in-game microphone chat function implemented into the game? It seems like it would be the most effective and obvious solution to Survive With Friends groups being more capable than solo players. After all, the ability to communicate vocally is the only real advantage they have when you think about it.
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
And that most likely will shrinken the game a lot which almost happened in the beginning that players got frustrated by people leaving lobbies until they matched with their friends and so on and on.
SWF will most likely never be removed.
That depends. If solo survivors were on par with SWF balancing survivors would be alot more straight forward as opposed to asking the question of how this might effect the experience of solo players whenever a new change is implemented. Additionally they could give Solo queues an option to enable text/voice comms rather than having it on by default so that those seeking the immersive challenge of no comms could still be preserved. Not to mention killers could be buffed easily without hurting solo players hard.
You're wrong in that matter, because it will waste everybody's time. Killers were affected as much as solo players were, because people constantly left their lobbies in a desperate try to match with their friends. That won't do good to anyone. It will cause more harm.
In general OP, it could fill the gap between SWF + solo players, but I wouldn't support a in-game chat system myself, because it might need to be a auto enabled feature without having the option to turn it off and that would bug me a lot.
Not everyone is a native speaker. I'm not a native speaker.
That won't happen. At least 3/4 of Survivors are SWF players. Removing this function would alienate those players and cut Dead by Daylight's total player count in half. Not to mention that it would count as a pretty sizeable nerf for Survivors as a whole and that the developers would have to rebalance the game to compensate.
Plus, I don't think its really unreasonable for people to want to play a multiplayer game with their friends; something that ties back into why the majority of Survivors are playing Survive With Friends in the first place.
I haven't seen anything on this thread answering the original question. Is there a reason why Behavior hasn't added an in-game chat function? Have they even discussed the subject before?
Yes, several times and usually their answer was basically for immersion reasons, if I remember correctly.
Really? I mean, I understand that they can't prevent other forms of communication outside of the game, but considering that people are "breaking immersion" anyway, one would think their reasoning would be more substantial than that. Especially when the pros outweigh the cons so heavily.
I believe it was that, because down the road they just kept saying no no no each time they were asked and stopped explaining why.
I misread that terribly wrong the moment you typed huge.
I think a good example not to implement it has been seen over on Friday the 13th. I wouldnt want it in to be honest. End game abuse is enough
I'm not suggesting a round wide chat, just a team based one. In fact, I agree that having a round wide chat would be detrimental to Dead by Daylight as a whole.
I kind of agree, give survivors the chat ability in game and buff killers appropriately around a cohesive group, aka SWF. Easer to balance and killers can more expect to take on a proper power role in the game.