Spies From The Shadows: The Best Tracking Perk
I've been experimenting with SFtS for a little bit now, and I must say this perk is so overlooked. With how careless survivors can be about crows in the environment, I have had so much use of this perk in tracking survivors. Even survivors that try to be immersed give themselves away when they aren't careful. It also does not require you doing something to activate it (such as injuring someone with Nurse's, downing someone with Infectious Fright, hooking someone with BBQ). I'm calling it now that this perk is going to become very meta soon.
Comments
I agree it's an overlooked perk, but I dont think it will ever be meta
I think Spies is one of those perks that just lacks a little something from being meta. Kind of like how Pop didn't become meta until the timer buff. Spies just lacks that little bit from being used by everyone. If they had kept the 48 meters, I think you'd see it a lot more for sure as that's a huge range of tracking. Maybe have crows survivors disturb start to follow them around like when you afk, that'd be a neat little buff without being overkill.
The common thing against it is just pay attention to crows and save a perk slot but you can't have eyes everywhere. Whispers is also generally considered a better version of Spies and I can't really disagree, Whispers is fantastic. I still think Spies is great as well though.