Individual Ranks for Killers?

Are we ever going to get a system that has individual ranks for killers? I think it would be really nice personally. There's lots of new killers that I want to try but I mostly end up just sticking with hillbilly because learning new killers in red ranks can be really painful. If this system was implemented I think it would be really beneficial to new players.

Comments

  • They were talking about that a few months ago, and in the latest Q&A, they brought up exactly this example. This was when they talked about the Rank Reset Changes, and that the current changes are part of a bigger picture, which will not be revealed yet. So yeah, I can imagine that this means that every Killer will have a different Rank.

    But I can see some problems with it. One would be M1-Killers. If a player got really good with a Standard M1-Killer like Wraith and reached Red Ranks with it, he will most likely do good with any other M1-Killer, because their gameplay is roughly the same. So this Red Rank Wraith can easily pick up another M1-Killer which he did not play that much (like Bubba or Pig) and dominate low Rank Survivors with it.

  • Have it so that you have an overall killer rank and an individual killer rank. Your rank is then determined by taking an average. Rank 1 killer with Rank 20 Hillbilly = Rank 10. This is the rank that would be shown to survivors at the end.

    I would also say that you also get 1 additional pip to your individual killer rank if you received at least one pip and your individual killer rank is more than 5 levels below your overall killer rank.