Is this too far away for Demogorgon's portals?

I placed the portal here and had the extra effect radius addon but I still could not detect the survivors on the sides of the generator.


image.png


Comments

  • It looks like it might've been one of those gens that can be done from all four sides. Maybe they were on the side that's the farthest away from the portal?

    Either way, Demogorgon's portal tracking ability sucks. The range is #########. I've had gens where only one of the sides was blocked off (I could place a portal that would face the front, back, and other side) and the portal still wouldn't track them. It seems like you need both range add-ons for it for the tracking to at least do something. Also, they apparently don't track the Survivor if they're inactive (as in, you haven't teleported to or from that portal).

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    It looks like it might've been one of those gens that can be done from all four sides. Maybe they were on the side that's the farthest away from the portal?

    Either way, Demogorgon's portal tracking ability sucks. The range is #########. I've had gens where only one of the sides was blocked off (I could place a portal that would face the front, back, and other side) and the portal still wouldn't track them. It seems like you need both range add-ons for it for the tracking to at least do something. Also, they apparently don't track the Survivor if they're inactive (as in, you haven't teleported to or from that portal).

    Oh. I did not know about the inactive thing.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    It looks like it might've been one of those gens that can be done from all four sides. Maybe they were on the side that's the farthest away from the portal?

    Either way, Demogorgon's portal tracking ability sucks. The range is #########. I've had gens where only one of the sides was blocked off (I could place a portal that would face the front, back, and other side) and the portal still wouldn't track them. It seems like you need both range add-ons for it for the tracking to at least do something. Also, they apparently don't track the Survivor if they're inactive (as in, you haven't teleported to or from that portal).

    Ok. I did not know about the inactive thing. It was probably inactive.