Secondary Objective Idea
A lot of people have been begging for a secondary objective, but I don't think they've gotten much traction mostly because this would obviously be a very killer-sided addition. So here's my suggestion:
Start with 10 totems on the map. Make a larger amount of perks (mostly the purple tier) linked to totems, but not to individual totems. The number of totems on the map would determine the strength of each perk (kinda like TOTH). This would give survivors an incentive to go after totems as a secondary objective in order to slowly weaken the killer with each totem cleansed.
On the killer side, this would also solve the problem of Ruin being found and broken in 10 seconds. Killers are basically guaranteed their hex perks will last for the better part of the game. Of course survivors can still choose not to cleanse and to gen-rush, but they risk going against a buff killer.
The sweet-spot for perk strength would need to be worked out, but my suggestion would be to make a 10-totem killer about 1.25X as strong as they are now, and a 0-totem killer about 0.75X as strong.
Thoughts?
Comments
People hardly do totems as it is. If they are done its because of one person. Or because someone does ruin and that's it. I could tell you right now, Run Noed and see how many times you have it at the end of the game. It'll be alot, People dont do bones, and I actually get yelled at because Ill do a totem before I heal someone. I have a one track mind, If I get off a totem I will forget about it until i see it again, and that could be a huge game changer.