Why is Object of Obsession so common?
I feel like I always bump into someone using this perk for at least half my games.
I don't find them particularly frustrating, I'm just wondering why it's incredibly common. This perk doesn't strike me as something you'd want to use on your own. So I'd guess that most people who use it are in an SWF group.
Comments
I've barely seen it since it got nerfed/stealth killers got buffed. Lauries run it occasionally but that's it. I ain't complaining, though. Object always got under my skin.
SWF will use it a lot but also many players tend to run builds their favorite streamers are using. I do not watch many DBD streamers so I don't know if this is becoming a trend however this is my best guess.
Take Tru3 popularizing GhostFace "hit and run" tactics or the fact that Wraith is starting to gain popularity. Even when Noob3 started to really gain traction on DBD back in the day we saw a huge jump in Nea players.
These are just speculations.