DBD Math 2 @devs

So I made a thread not to long ago asking about how some of the math works in DBD. I've come to find that by multiplicative it means you multiply the debuffed percentages by each other.

So if you want to find out how long it would take 1 survivor to complete a gen with 4 stacks of Thana and 6 stacks of Dying Light, the formula would be:

80/((1-(4*0.04))*(1-(6*0.03)) = 80/((1-0.16)*(1-0.18)) = 80/(0.84*0.82) = 80/0.688 = 116.144 seconds

The devs have stated that they did this for debuffs because otherwise you get a situation where, after enough debuffs, your progress would be 0. This means that you'd be dividing by 0 which is a no no in maths. It'd also mean that you wouldn't be able to progress at all on whatever it is, which is game breaking.

Now that I've figured out how the multiplicative debuffs work, I'm trying to figure out whether buffs or debuffs take priority.

If buffs take priority, then all those 1's in the initial formula would be replaced with (1+X) where X is a percentage boost. So if a toolbox gives a 10% boost it would be (1+0.1) = 1.1. HOWEVER if debuffs take priority, it would mean you take that final number of 0.688 and add the buff to that number. So it would be (0.688 + 0.1) =0.788.

If buffs take priority then the formula at the end would be 80/0.8648 = 92.5s.

If debuffs take priority then the formula at the end would be 80/0.788 = 101.5s.

If anyone knows which it is please tell me. I want to make a DBD calculator spreadsheet for all this stuff. Yes I'm a nerd.

@Peanits @Janick @Almo

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Maths? ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ

    I hope you get your answer though

  • @GrootDude said:

    Maths? ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ

    I hope you get your answer though

    TBH I'm doing it for that juicy spreadsheet data. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    So I made a thread not to long ago asking about how some of the math works in DBD. I've come to find that by multiplicative it means you multiply the debuffed percentages by each other.

    So if you want to find out how long it would take 1 survivor to complete a gen with 4 stacks of Thana and 6 stacks of Dying Light, the formula would be:

    80/((1-(4*0.04))*(1-(6*0.03)) = 80/((1-0.16)*(1-0.18)) = 80/(0.84*0.82) = 80/0.688 = 116.144 seconds

    The devs have stated that they did this for debuffs because otherwise you get a situation where, after enough debuffs, your progress would be 0. This means that you'd be dividing by 0 which is a no no in maths. It'd also mean that you wouldn't be able to progress at all on whatever it is, which is game breaking.

    Now that I've figured out how the multiplicative debuffs work, I'm trying to figure out whether buffs or debuffs take priority.

    If buffs take priority, then all those 1's in the initial formula would be replaced with (1+X) where X is a percentage boost. So if a toolbox gives a 10% boost it would be (1+0.1) = 1.1. HOWEVER if debuffs take priority, it would mean you take that final number of 0.688 and add the buff to that number. So it would be (0.688 + 0.1) =0.788.

    If buffs take priority then the formula at the end would be 80/0.8648 = 92.5s.

    If debuffs take priority then the formula at the end would be 80/0.788 = 101.5s.

    If anyone knows which it is please tell me. I want to make a DBD calculator spreadsheet for all this stuff. Yes I'm a nerd.

    @Peanits @Janick @Almo

    Bit of a nerd myself. Would love to have this kind of info. Keep us updated

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    So I made a thread not to long ago asking about how some of the math works in DBD. I've come to find that by multiplicative it means you multiply the debuffed percentages by each other.

    So if you want to find out how long it would take 1 survivor to complete a gen with 4 stacks of Thana and 6 stacks of Dying Light, the formula would be:

    80/((1-(4*0.04))*(1-(6*0.03)) = 80/((1-0.16)*(1-0.18)) = 80/(0.84*0.82) = 80/0.688 = 116.144 seconds

    The devs have stated that they did this for debuffs because otherwise you get a situation where, after enough debuffs, your progress would be 0. This means that you'd be dividing by 0 which is a no no in maths. It'd also mean that you wouldn't be able to progress at all on whatever it is, which is game breaking.

    Now that I've figured out how the multiplicative debuffs work, I'm trying to figure out whether buffs or debuffs take priority.

    If buffs take priority, then all those 1's in the initial formula would be replaced with (1+X) where X is a percentage boost. So if a toolbox gives a 10% boost it would be (1+0.1) = 1.1. HOWEVER if debuffs take priority, it would mean you take that final number of 0.688 and add the buff to that number. So it would be (0.688 + 0.1) =0.788.

    If buffs take priority then the formula at the end would be 80/0.8648 = 92.5s.

    If debuffs take priority then the formula at the end would be 80/0.788 = 101.5s.

    If anyone knows which it is please tell me. I want to make a DBD calculator spreadsheet for all this stuff. Yes I'm a nerd.

    @Peanits @Janick @Almo

    Taking AP Calculus right now and your math is 100% accurate, nicely done! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—


    Yeah, anything divided by 0 is undefined, and like you said, that's unacceptable. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/114043/dbd-math-2-devs

    Taking AP Calculus right now and your math is 100% accurate, nicely done! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    Yeah, anything divided by 0 is undefined, and like you said, that's unacceptable. ๐Ÿ™‚

    "Yeah, anything divided by 0 is undefined, and like you said, that's unacceptable."

    Unless you are a cat, because cats can divide by 0. Here is some proof.

    Untitled Image Untitled Image Untitled Image