Freddy's slowdown add-ons

I feel the nerf to Freddy's 3 slowdown addons didn't really address the main issue with the "forever freddy" build, and that was mainly that they could be stacked.

The numbers to the 2 rope addons were nerfed so hard to the ground they're useless on their own. Swing Chains in it's current state is pretty bad but still viable due to how it works. The Green and Yellow addons are so bad, however, that I feel Thanatophobia is more effective for slowing down the game than they are (I still don't use it).

I feel it's way better to address the slow games for freddy if rather than the addons being nerfed and still stackable, that they retained their old numbers and made unstackable. I'd even be alright if they were just buffed to halfway between their original stats and current stats, but as they are now they are mostly useless.

Making the slowdown addons unstackable would promote more use of Freddy's other addons. Personally I loved using jump rope (green quality slowdown) with the green quality teleport cooldown addon so I can pressure easier instead of slowing the game to a crawl. As a result I only needed to use Ruin as a supplement for slowing down the game, and I could save my other perks for tracking (build used to be Ruin, Discordance, Whispers, and BBQ. I now swapped out discordance with sloppy butcher and ditched using the slowdown addons entirely, replacing them with blind on snares).

I also liked using 1 slowdown addon because it motivated survivors to wake themselves up, meaning they weren't on a gen. With the numbers where they are now, I feel it's less likely survivors will feel the need to wake up. Snares and dream pallets alone aren't enough of a motivator.

Comments