Chase music

With the introduction of unique chase music for killers could we possibly see a return of the unique hooks too? I know we have different hooks on the Hawkins map but I always liked the unusual style of each killers hook. @Peanits maybe it’s something that could be mentioned to the team?

Comments

  • @Daddy_Doctor said:

    With the introduction of unique chase music for killers could we possibly see a return of the unique hooks too? I know we have different hooks on the Hawkins map but I always liked the unusual style of each killers hook. @Peanits maybe it’s something that could be mentioned to the team?

    I believe the unique hook issue was you spawn in see a killer's hook and there you go you know who you're facing. While some killers already do that (trapper's traps, pigs boxes), hooks are always in the map and quite likely near a survivor's spawn point.

  • If im to remember correctly (I wasn't playing around the time, but I know people talked about it after I'd started playing), the reason why killer-unique hooks were removed was to prevent survivors form prematurely knowing who the killer is without the use of a perk. Instead they were made map specific, I believe. For example, on Lèry's the hooks are medical related, and Hawkins has the rats.

  • @S_Panda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/113924/chase-music

    I believe the unique hook issue was you spawn in see a killer's hook and there you go you know who you're facing. While some killers already do that (trapper's traps, pigs boxes), hooks are always in the map and quite likely near a survivor's spawn point.

    I see, but with Oni and Demo (soon to be Doc) you know who they are when your in a terror radius anyway. As of now you can hear a terror radius and not have a clue who the killer is if it’s none of the above.

  • @Daddy_Doctor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/930689#Comment_930689

    I see, but with Oni and Demo (soon to be Doc) you know who they are when your in a terror radius anyway. As of now you can hear a terror radius and not have a clue who the killer is if it’s none of the above.

    True but by that point they're either in sight or your reaction won't really matter - 4 stealth killers won't have a terror radius anywho and 2 of those killers with the new music are already loud anyway....incoming doctor has a new stomping feet :P