Doctor Rework and Base Madness
So let me start by saying the new Doctor you teased sound excellent and I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on him.
That being said, I wanted to take a moment to make my case for making his basekit madness a little stronger.
Peanits said in a general discussions thread that Doctor was set up so his base madness was a “blank slate” so to speak and you could build your own madness as you wanted to. While I conceptually understand that logic and thought process, I wanted to say I would personally love it if SOMETHING could be added to his basekit madness as well.
I use killer add ons in probably at most 10% of my games. I don’t like using them for the dual reasons of them being limited and not wanting to come to rely on them and therefore being useless without them. I like to say it’s my RPG background coming back to haunt me, where I don’t use the best things because “what if I need them later?” Only to never use them. That being said, I’ve found success in learning some of the killers who are often called super reliant on add ons. Wraith is probably my best example of this. I play him rather well for not having add ons, and while I have bad games here and there, in general I’ve found success.
In today’s world, Madness serves two purposes for me. First, it lets me get one free find on survivors whenever I want it. That’s great. Second, if I bother to get them to madness 3, it delays them by 12 seconds. Otherwise, against competent survivors, I don’t think it does much for me at all at base. Shocking them denies windows and things like that and the changes to that system sound wonderful. But...from what I’ve seen discussed on the forums anyway, nothing is planned to be added to his base madness, which against competent survivors isn’t going to do anything still. Maybe one extra missed skillcheck here and there, but that’s about it.
I’m not asking to make all of the effects happen on basekit, as I recognize how broken it’d be, but if the new backwards checks had a small chance of happening in T2/T3, or maybe get even a couple fake pallets, or an occasional false heartbeat to go with a fake doctor...just something to make his basekit madness more threatening. Because right now it really doesn’t do much at all in mid/high ranks, and as someone who doesn’t use add ons almost ever (and who doesn’t use items as a survivor for the same reason as what I said at the start) it’s kinda sad to miss out on 80% of what madness can do because I don’t want to use my limited use items.
Comments