Not Sure How Hard This Would Be To Implement But...
Could people who DC possibly have the ability to rejoin the match within a certain time frame? Since the main complaint from many is that you are punished for the game crashing I feel like this could be a possible solution. I also believe that the punishments become a bit to harsh at a certain point. But that's another topic.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
This would be a cool idea. Maybe like overwatch where they have 3 min to rejoin match?
The DC’er could use that to make the killer go away and just go back in the game
I believe that this could be fixed by the husk system. Your still punished but the husks operate in a way where you can join back regardless if your on a hook or the floor.
I've thought about this before as well, but the problem is DbD is quite a fast-paced game, even if it doesn't always feel like it when you're in it. A minute makes a lot more difference in DbD than it does in, say, League, which is another game I know where this is a feature.
Having said that, I don't really see how this would be much worse than going AFK for a minute, and a temporarily absent teammate is better than a permanently eliminated one.
So maybe you're onto something here.
I feel as though we’d encounter the following exploit fairly often if this were made:
Seeing as the DCed bodies can’t be interacted with, it’d be extremely easy to abuse that with reloading in. So while this could potentially be a useful feature, it would need to be after the “husk” system the devs have mentioned in the past was implemented, so the DCed surv could still be hooked and killed.