RIP Oni

After the Oni's nerf, survivors can just reset their positioning on whatever tile he catches them on and no pressure has been applied. The removal of his flick has made Oni boring and impotent, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes low tier after people learn to play against him if left in this state.

A killer that forced survivors to make difficult decisions lasted one week. Now he's a braindead pallet eater.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yet another huge assumption from someone who hasn’t taken the time to learn how to play Oni without an unintended bugged mechanic.

    IF👏YOU👏PLAY👏ONI👏LIKE👏AN👏M1👏KILLER👏YOU👏WILL👏LOSE

    Do NOT play him like a normal killer, there’s a reason he’s labelled as hard. And I know I’m not crazy because there are others out there who share the same opinion and believe he is incredibly strong, which he is.

    But please, KEEP whining how incredibly weak and boring he is so that the devs don’t do anything to him but buff him and make him even stronger.

    You're welcome to explain your views instead of just replying "u wrong doh"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yet another huge assumption from someone who hasn’t taken the time to learn how to play Oni without an unintended bugged mechanic.

    IF👏YOU👏PLAY👏ONI👏LIKE👏AN👏M1👏KILLER👏YOU👏WILL👏LOSE

    Do NOT play him like a normal killer, there’s a reason he’s labelled as hard. And I know I’m not crazy because there are others out there who share the same opinion and believe he is incredibly strong, which he is.

    But please, KEEP whining how incredibly weak and boring he is so that the devs don’t do anything to him but buff him and make him even stronger.

    Do you know of any streamer or youtuber that plays a good Oni? I'd like to learn how to play him well and you seem to know more about him than I do

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928182#Comment_928182

    My comment boils down to “people make assumptions against a killer they haven’t actually tried to learn and master. I have learned and near enough mastered how Oni works and I can tell you that from experience, he is very strong, as others who have also spent time mastering him will say. Go ahead and keep saying how weak he is, it just means the devs will leave him alone or even better, make him stronger”

    Correction: your comment boils down to, "Git Gud." I don't think you've been playing Oni because you don't go into any detail concerning playstyle other than saying "DONT PLAY M1!" I've tried for a good while to use Oni well and it isn't working out for me. How about instead of smugly commenting "L2P," you share some of your knowledge on Oni's very powerful kit. Until you do, I have no reason to believe you aren't a fresh install that just saw a streamer talk about how busted Oni is.

    TLDR; discuss instead of respond.

    *Edit*Edit: Nvm, I'll investigate further

  • He really is still viable, people just seem to have kneejerk reactions whenever they see a nerf. Although I admit I have had the same reactions to nerfs before myself so I can see where people come from. Oni is a lot of fun I feel like lets give it some more time before people start calling him a dead killer. He seems fine to me currently but that can change.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928230#Comment_928230

    I can write down some tips here and if it’s wanted enough, I could try and stream and keep some clips. The only games I don’t do well in are games where I personally make mistakes

    Some tips:

    • My build is Nemesis, Play With Your Food, Pop Goes The Weasel and BBQ&Chilli. Nemesis and PWYF lower the threat of being pallet stunned as you make yourself harder to detect to the new obsession, keeping them on edge and you gain a haste buff which also stacks with your demon dash speed. BBQ&Chilli works great for finding survivors and generators to dash to. PGTW ties into BBQ&Chilli in finding generators to go to and bash progress off of. Sloppy Butcher works well with him since survivors who stay inured for longer drop more orbs.
    • At the start of the match, only down a survivor if they’re an easy target and the second hit is secured, immediately leave a survivor after you got them. Bonus if there’s multiple survivors around.
    • My usual pattern is to injure two survivors, collect orbs in between injuries, use my power and immediate begin traversing the map. Patrolling generators and catching a healthy survivor off guard. When the insta down happens, there’s two situations:
    • 1. You have two injured survivors who have been healing (not doing generators) and a hooked survivor, creating a lot of pressure.
    • 2. You have 2 injured survivors NOT healing who are feeding you your power by dropping an entire pool of blood at generators and a hooked survivor.
    • You don’t want to dedicate yourself to chases like any normal killer would, you want to spread injuries and keep people wounded. The longer people are wounded, the more orbs they drop, the more frequently you get your power.
    • A large portion of your downs will come from insta downs during your power. Your basic attack is mainly for wounding survivors or finishing them off when they’re out of position or end up being an easy down.
    • His mobility during his power is incredibly good. You have much more steering capabilities than Hillbilly.
    • While his melee hit in his Fury mode isn’t the easiest to hit, it’s all about muscle memory. The more you use it, the easier it is to land. Even when you master it you might still mess up, but that’s what makes him fair. His one hit melee is not an easy win every time, it takes skill to use. Be patient and track the survivors movement while keeping in mind it’s range and where it will land.

    Those are the basics of how he works, but he definitely takes a lot of practise to get right. You need to learn what to prioritise and what not to. When to use your power and how etc.

    Thanks a lot! I've been prestiging him since he seems like fun, but I was doing very poorly as him. Seems like I still have a lot to learn with this guy.