We currently do not want to communicate that information for two reasons.
Numbers will most likely change in the future
Abusing the system is a lot easier when you have all the information (this is also the reason we were not publishing threshold for DC bans before)
They are pretty much roughly what he just posted though....and that is pretty much all anyone is asking. Like it's going to become public knowledge very quickly anyways, not saying that much just makes it look like you are telling your player base they don't know how to count.
No one is asking what the algorithm is that causes it to shift or change, no one is asking what the decay rate/time is, but if someone goes from 30 minutes to permanently banned for life with no warning or something- you are gonna have some upset folks that side with that person instead of you.
You may want to consider adding a warning in game or something, it can be vague and just be like:
"We see you've disconnected from matches frequently, your next penalty will be significantly longer up to a (Vague time here, example "2 days" or "up to 6 hours"), you may want to take a break".
So, a survivor was stuck on a hook, I had to dc (I was the killer), and now what ? I have to wait 5 minutes. Two times tonight I had to dc due to a bug. And I have to wait to play again. THANKS.
RIP all the bloodpoints lost due to bugs.
Edit : It happened AGAIN. And btw : I had no sounds sometimes as killer.
Please, fix all these bugs before doing a punishment. With all these bugs + this punishment, you win a thing : people will play another game, enjoy.
As of December 17th, 11 AM ET, we have enabled the new disconnect penalty test. This new system punishes players for disconnecting excessively with an escalating timeout before they can queue again.
If you have any feedback for this test, please be sure leave it below.
Additionally, if you experience any issues with this test (e.g. Skipping straight to a longer penalty after one disconnect), please let us know roughly when it happened. Someone from BHVR will contact you through a private message in order to investigate further.
Thanks!
Just going to link this thread here, please leave your feedback there so we can have it in one place if possible <3
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
We currently do not want to communicate that information for two reasons.
Numbers will most likely change in the future
Abusing the system is a lot easier when you have all the information (this is also the reason we were not publishing threshold for DC bans before)
Your pc will burst in flames
They are pretty much roughly what he just posted though....and that is pretty much all anyone is asking. Like it's going to become public knowledge very quickly anyways, not saying that much just makes it look like you are telling your player base they don't know how to count.
No one is asking what the algorithm is that causes it to shift or change, no one is asking what the decay rate/time is, but if someone goes from 30 minutes to permanently banned for life with no warning or something- you are gonna have some upset folks that side with that person instead of you.
You may want to consider adding a warning in game or something, it can be vague and just be like:
"We see you've disconnected from matches frequently, your next penalty will be significantly longer up to a (Vague time here, example "2 days" or "up to 6 hours"), you may want to take a break".
buy another game account and test it, thats what the devs want my boi
So, a survivor was stuck on a hook, I had to dc (I was the killer), and now what ? I have to wait 5 minutes. Two times tonight I had to dc due to a bug. And I have to wait to play again. THANKS.
RIP all the bloodpoints lost due to bugs.
Edit : It happened AGAIN. And btw : I had no sounds sometimes as killer.
Please, fix all these bugs before doing a punishment. With all these bugs + this punishment, you win a thing : people will play another game, enjoy.
Are people seriously dcing just to see the limit?
Some dedicated people right there I tell ya
Just going to link this thread here, please leave your feedback there so we can have it in one place if possible <3