I've not played dbd for nearly a month!

I used to play all the time and have moments where I'll take a week or two away to play something else. Only this time it's worse, I've played about 3 matches in the 3 hours I've played in the last month or two. Matchmaking taking forever was the reason I stopped playing this time around and because I can't get into matches it made it almost impossible to progress on the rift which left a bitter taste in my mouth.

The fact that that matchmaking and connection issues have plagued the game for years it just frustrates me how those issues are not treated seriously.

I personally think dbd needs to be less ambitious in how much new content it provides (4 chapters per year) and instead focus more intensively on the games stability and health at some point.

I know I'll still play dbd soon but the longer these longstanding problems remain untouched the more people will get fed up and go somewhere else.

I know many other people will just go somewhere else and say nothing, but I know dbd is capable of fixing the issues which plagues the game and I want to keep playing it for a long time but not particularly in the state it's in now.

I heard Rainbow 6 seige had 'Operation health' which is where they spent a pretty short amount of time to completely overhaul and fix a lot of problems they had.

I've not heard anything bad about it so I'm thinking maybe dbd could consider dedicating a chapter or two for some extensive fixing and polishing up to get the game in a good condition. I know dbd don't have as much resources as R6 but I honestly think they need to do something rather than nothing or people will leave, complain and then come back in a mood because there's nowhere for dbd players to go because of it's unique format and everyone else screwing up.

When I talk about dbd health, it should include everything from Balance, variety, stability, quality of life among other things.

Not 4 seasons of just new survivors and killers and a few fixes in there somewhere.

Also we should have had a new game mode about 2 years ago, just saying.

When people are like new game modes require too much balance then I say if you allocate yourself the time and resources it can be done and it will make the game way better and fresh.

Comments

  • Haven't played for like 2 or 3 days at this point game is becoming meh to me

  • Hey that’s great, I mean it! I’m sorta right there too, I took a 3 week break and only come to play when one of my friends bugs me too.

    The reason I stopped was because this game wasn’t rewarding enough with the added stress that comes with it, the annoying bugs, and the fact that console is so bad to play on for killers.

    When I do play this game (quite rarely now), the survivor queue times are insanely long, so I end up playing Modern Warfare. I’m assuming other people are feeling a similar way If there’s not enough killers at red ranks?

    To anyone else feeling frustrated, I ask you to please try a different game. You will enjoy being able to feel rewarded for your frustration at the very least. Most games also don’t have as many bugs!

  • @AshleyWB said:

    I used to play all the time and have moments where I'll take a week or two away to play something else. Only this time it's worse, I've played about 3 matches in the 3 hours I've played in the last month or two. Matchmaking taking forever was the reason I stopped playing this time around and because I can't get into matches it made it almost impossible to progress on the rift which left a bitter taste in my mouth.

    The fact that that matchmaking and connection issues have plagued the game for years it just frustrates me how those issues are not treated seriously.

    I personally think dbd needs to be less ambitious in how much new content it provides (4 chapters per year) and instead focus more intensively on the games stability and health at some point.

    I know I'll still play dbd soon but the longer these longstanding problems remain untouched the more people will get fed up and go somewhere else.

    I know many other people will just go somewhere else and say nothing, but I know dbd is capable of fixing the issues which plagues the game and I want to keep playing it for a long time but not particularly in the state it's in now.

    I heard Rainbow 6 seige had 'Operation health' which is where they spent a pretty short amount of time to completely overhaul and fix a lot of problems they had.

    I've not heard anything bad about it so I'm thinking maybe dbd could consider dedicating a chapter or two for some extensive fixing and polishing up to get the game in a good condition. I know dbd don't have as much resources as R6 but I honestly think they need to do something rather than nothing or people will leave, complain and then come back in a mood because there's nowhere for dbd players to go because of it's unique format and everyone else screwing up.

    When I talk about dbd health, it should include everything from Balance, variety, stability, quality of life among other things.

    Not 4 seasons of just new survivors and killers and a few fixes in there somewhere.

    Also we should have had a new game mode about 2 years ago, just saying.

    When people are like new game modes require too much balance then I say if you allocate yourself the time and resources it can be done and it will make the game way better and fresh.

    I fully agree, I only come back every so often so that when I do play again Im not a complete potato. Mainly to do some Dailies and to finish the tome challenges but I dont feel the want to play anymore like I did before. I have over 1.5k hours on steam alone, that's not including the hours I put in on PS4. I love well LOVED the game so freaking much that I bought all dlcs on both PC and PS4. So I was a die hard fan of the game but lately, I just can't. The most I've played is today and Ive been playing off and on for about 3-4 hours. BUT I'm kinda just eh about it. I've gotten M1'd through brick walls when the killer is NO WHERE near me. I keep getting farmed off the hook because teammates are just like better you than me. The killers are getting worse with the non-stop tunneling. No to mention that it takes about 5-10 mins just to find a lobby as a survivor. The games health state isn't at its best like a lot of people thought it was. You have a gen glitch, basement glitch. The dedicated servers honestly feel like it made things worse, now the DC crap. Idk stuff needs to change yes, but idk..the game doesn't excite me like it used to

  • I'm in the state of burn out too. Excited for tier 4 of the archives though so I can finish tome