Why is the testing so short?

2 days dont seem like a good sample size for the dc penalties. I'm curious on why it was 2 days

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I assume it's because the holidays are coming so if anything were to go wrong with the test they wouldn't be able to fix it since they're all out.

  • Enough people play DBD in a day that 2 days is more than enough for a test. They can't test a punishment system on live servers for too long, just because of the prospect of false positives (like people being penalized for not DCing, and getting the unknown error we all get after games sometimes).

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    I assume it's because the holidays are coming so if anything were to go wrong with the test they wouldn't be able to fix it since they're all out.

    I assumed that but i just can't see how anything can possibly break from just putting in the penalties

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/927532#Comment_927532

    I assumed that but i just can't see how anything can possibly break from just putting in the penalties

    It may seem simple but things like this could break the game. What if it starts punishing people even if they don't disconnect? They've gotta make sure it works.