Dedicated servers with laggy killers.

I've played quite a lot of survivor recently, and having a relatively stable internet connection of about 45-60 ping (east coast), find myself getting hit through dead hard, pallets, windows, and even with spine chill active and resilience. These issues were what I was hoping dedicated servers would fix yet it seems like either I don't understand how they've coded them in, or there isn't a single thought about killer lag compensation. What I want to know is: Why is the survivor punished for the killers bad ping? What client hit registering system is setup for the servers and why is it client sided? I understand something along the lines of having the killers side calculating hits because of the servers not being able to take over but is there a way to make it server sided? And will the devs care enough to make that happen? I play both survivor and killer with 900+ hours on the game so I've got a good idea of what hits should and shouldn't land.

I'm just baffled at how the players from mexico (for example), have ended up as killer because of the lack of servers, yet I get punished for reasons I have absolutely no control over. I'm assuming that the only fix for this is going to be for more servers in different locations to keep players from getting matched with others that have higher ping but I think that goes without saying that it's just kicking the issue under the rug and calling it a day.

If someone can at least confirm that the devs are working on something to combat the issues listed above, then that'll give me the hope I need to continue playing the game but for now I don't know if I can enjoy it as much.

TLDR: What's with killer sided hit registering even when they have 3x the ping I do?

Comments

  • Enlight of the first game I played after writing the original post, I played a game for a solid 2 minutes with the killer chasing me and then we all got cut from the game with it saying that a player disconnected while loading. I can confirm that the issue isn't a loss of connection on my end because the other players mentioned in post-game chat that it was abnormal. I was able to clip a video but it lacks audio. Not too sure if dedicated servers are to blame but I am sure that they played a part in the game not functioning properly.

    https://youtu.be/kTqS730rMrE

  • Spine Chill no longer effects vaulting speed.

    Also,

    https://youtu.be/6EwaW2iz4iA


  • When did they change spine chill? They've got to update the perk description on the wiki and in-game soon.

    Annotation 2019-12-17 102323.png

    Also, thanks for the video on lag compensation. In hindsight I guess I could have researched a bit more into it.

  • So theoretically, the devs could still in fact make hits favor ping but additionally add more servers to overall reduce the amount of lag? I'm assuming this would make queue times even more unfavorable and cost a whole bunch but it's possible right?