The issue with Freddy and Quentin's licensing.
We do want to see things like the Quentin Smith facial rework, we want to see Freddy and Quentin get cosmetics and have more projects in the future, but it's a little like the Jason issue, I'll tell you why:
The state of ownership right now:
Wes Craven Estate got licensing of Freddy back in the U.S., Horray! Right? Well, only within the U.S. and not outside it, Warner Bros Entertainment Inc. owns the Nightmare on Elm Street internationally, so there comes some problems, it seems like this isn't the end of the Freddy Krueger franchise.
What that means for Behaviour Interactive:
BHVR works within Canada, so what I BELIEVE is that instead of getting the Wes Craven Estate deal making, they'll have to work with Warner Bros instead, so my question is, what does that hold for the future of the Nightmare on Elm Street chapter? We'll have to see.
Disclaimer: this is going off of my own thinking, my thoughts and what I read through, I am completely able to be wrong as you all know.
Comments