Something other survivors have been doing that's kinda on my nerves

Using self-care to heal when teammates are right there to heal you. Like I get it if it's to punish a teammate who is just farming altruism points off of you, but if they aren't, it's just kinda dumb to me. You are wasting the extra time that it takes to heal yourself that you could be using to do a gen if you just let your team heal you. Especially if you waste time running far away from where you were unhooked to hide and heal when the killer is on the other side of the map anyways. I have only been seeing this since rank reset.

Comments

  • Self-care is a sickness without cure. Healing with self-care against anti-heal builds geez.

  • Exactly this.

    As about staying by the hook: some killers come back, and i had people who stopped healing me and bodyblocked me so the killer would go after me as easier target.

    Also, if i know a survivor failed his skillchecks 3 times on the first gen, i dont want him to do that and tell the killer where i try to recover.

  • And tome challenge to heal your self twice with self care

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's actually more efficient to let the teammate self care themselves. Especially if they have botany.

    For example, if it takes 32 seconds to heal myself, and you work on that generator for those 32 seconds, by the time I'm done healing, that generator will be about 40% done.

    If you healed me for 16 seconds, and then we both worked on the generator for 16 seconds, the generator would only be about 30% done. Mind you, two people being stuck in the healing action for 16 seconds (the one doing the healing, and the one being healed) is still effectively 32 seconds spent on healing.

    Now, if I have self care and botany, it takes me only (around) 20 seconds to heal myself and 16 seconds for you to heal me still. This makes it far more efficient to self care. For spending 4 seconds longer healing, you could have repaired 25% of the generator, where if you healed me and we both repaired for 4 seconds to equal 20 seconds, we wouldn't even have gotten about 6 or 7% of the generator repaired.

    This is why, unless they need healing ASAP, I leave people alone to self care and seek a generator instead, because it's far more time efficient for someone to heal themselves.

    I'm so glad self care does something prove thyself does so much better. Wow, thanks for the lesson on efficiency! P.s. bring a med kit if you don't trust your teammates come on mate.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/924216#Comment_924216

    Prove Thyself doesn't do it better, though. The efficiency works out to be the same and it's still worse if they have botany with their self care.

    I mean, if you want to be efficient with healing someone off of the hook, then run We'll Make It.

    I do :/