Remember that huge perk rework/buff patch from last year? We kind of desperately need a new one rn

People complain that games are to repetitive because people keep running the same perks (BBQ, Ruin, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, etc.) and I’ve heard reasons as to why people keep having to run those, and the main reason (other than the fact that they’re pretty good), is because that there simply isn’t much better perks to run. For example, why run Surge, when you could basically just run Pop Goes The Weasel, a much much more useful perk? Why run Furtive Chase (a perk I kind of forgot was in the game), when you could run Monitor and Abuse, a perk that gives you a lower terror radius from the start of the match and can’t be lost at all? The point I’m trying to make is that a large variety of decent perks would be incredibly healthy for a game like Dead any Daylight, and the reason why I believe it’s even more necessary now than ever is because Behavior have recently been giving us mediocre to just useless perks in the game like Zanshin Tactics, a perk that shouldn’t even be tied to DLC, or Lucky Break, a perk that makes it so you leave no blood trails, which would only be good if scratch marks didn’t already exist and Bloodhound was meta.

TL;DR: Larger varieties of good perks would make DBD much more fun and avoid repetitive gameplay and strategies to counter them.

Comments

  • The issue is, perks shouldn't be changed just because people like to use specific ones in an effort to get them to use different perks. Other perks should be changed to make those other perks better.

  • I agree with you on a perk overhaul, but I'd like to add more base perks for both killer and survivors... this game needs a refresh

    IMO this game is perk based and in threoy making adjustments on perks can be better then adjusting killers

    Also I'd like to see a perk set that can only be used by a single survivor (like a "talent" or "ability") so survivors feel more like characters and not cosmetics