"If a match of the same rank is not available, the system will gradually expand the acceptable range until it finds a match. This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank." - Developer Update, September 2019.
"If a match of the same rank is not available, the system will gradually expand the acceptable range until it finds a match. This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank." - Developer Update, September 2019.
Then I can only match with rank 7's worst case scenario, and I got a rank 8.
Started at rank 1, it is possible that the killer depipped I suppose. They really need to make reaching red ranks as killer easier or harder for surv, this is getting ridiculous.
It's stupid unfair, just don't take it seriously. I just wasted a major BP offering because it put me up against people 7 ranks higher than me and they walked all over me.
Honestly it's the #1 problem in the game, but we can't get anything done about it because there are not enough people TO do anything about it.
I just had back to back matches against 5's and 6's as a rank 11 killer. First game, they ran me ragged and all four escaped. Second match, I got a 3K, and a hit right as the 4th got hatch. It doesn't really bother me much though, I enjoy fighting outside my weight class, since it makes me a better killer.
I think there's a serious shortage of red-ranked killers in the matchmaking pool, because it's so difficult to rank up. Sometimes you'll only get a black pip for a 4K; it's absurd.
It's so much easier to gain ranks as a Survivor; all you have to do is a couple of heals, a couple of unhooks, and work on gens anytime you're not being chased. So I think most red-ranked survivors will face really long queue times.
After new rank reset everyone but new players will be at red ranks for rest of eternity. Of course that depends on how much time they will invest into the game each month but pretty much all regulars regardless of actual game knowledge will arrive at red ranks and stay there.
Taking that into account if 8 rank disparity rule is applied it actually means that pretty much everyone can be matched with anyone.
It's within 6 ranks at the start of the match - the score board that is at the end, can look different due to someone ranking up within the match. For example that Rank 1 could have been Rank 2 at the start of the match, then it would have been within the 6 ranks (2-8). And the killer could also depip as well as a survivor pipping which makes it look like there's a bigger gap than there was at the start of the match.
It's within 6 ranks at the start of the match - the score board that is at the end, can look different due to someone ranking up within the match. For example that Rank 1 could have been Rank 2 at the start of the match, then it would have been within the 6 ranks (2-8). And the killer could also depip as well as a survivor pipping which makes it look like there's a bigger gap than there was at the start of the match.
I've encountered rank 20's during last rank reset at rank 12, so I don't really think it's working as intended unless the change was recent.
I've encountered rank 20's during last rank reset at rank 12, so I don't really think it's working as intended unless the change was recent.
I've definitely gone against brown ranks as a mid/high green killer. Never feels good, but then again neither does getting almost all purple/red like I do most games. I keep myself green for a reason, I don't like having to tryhard every game, but...I must be in the vast majority from how matchmaking treats me.
Nobody ranked up nobody ranked down, 7 rank difference. 6 rank hard limit is not working, but you'd know that wouldn't you, those stats would be kept by BHVR.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
"If a match of the same rank is not available, the system will gradually expand the acceptable range until it finds a match. This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank." - Developer Update, September 2019.
Then I can only match with rank 7's worst case scenario, and I got a rank 8.
It depends on how the DEVs calculate the 6 ranks range. It could be 1 + 6, so the lowest boundary for the killer could be rank 7.
If the killer started as rank 7 and deranked to 8 after this game, then it fits.
Or you pipped and became rank 1. Or killer deranked from 7 to 8 and you ranked up from 2 to 1.
Or matchmaking is bugged.
"Or matchmaking is bugged."
@Troman That's just a given haha.
Started at rank 1, it is possible that the killer depipped I suppose. They really need to make reaching red ranks as killer easier or harder for surv, this is getting ridiculous.
It's stupid unfair, just don't take it seriously. I just wasted a major BP offering because it put me up against people 7 ranks higher than me and they walked all over me.
Honestly it's the #1 problem in the game, but we can't get anything done about it because there are not enough people TO do anything about it.
I just had back to back matches against 5's and 6's as a rank 11 killer. First game, they ran me ragged and all four escaped. Second match, I got a 3K, and a hit right as the 4th got hatch. It doesn't really bother me much though, I enjoy fighting outside my weight class, since it makes me a better killer.
Yeah, they lied about that 6 rank hard limit. I get a game outside of that range every day.
I think there's a serious shortage of red-ranked killers in the matchmaking pool, because it's so difficult to rank up. Sometimes you'll only get a black pip for a 4K; it's absurd.
It's so much easier to gain ranks as a Survivor; all you have to do is a couple of heals, a couple of unhooks, and work on gens anytime you're not being chased. So I think most red-ranked survivors will face really long queue times.
After new rank reset everyone but new players will be at red ranks for rest of eternity. Of course that depends on how much time they will invest into the game each month but pretty much all regulars regardless of actual game knowledge will arrive at red ranks and stay there.
Taking that into account if 8 rank disparity rule is applied it actually means that pretty much everyone can be matched with anyone.
Finally unranked mode YAY
It's within 6 ranks at the start of the match - the score board that is at the end, can look different due to someone ranking up within the match. For example that Rank 1 could have been Rank 2 at the start of the match, then it would have been within the 6 ranks (2-8). And the killer could also depip as well as a survivor pipping which makes it look like there's a bigger gap than there was at the start of the match.
Well there you go, working as intended.
still not enough red rank killers because "balance issues".
I've encountered rank 20's during last rank reset at rank 12, so I don't really think it's working as intended unless the change was recent.
I've definitely gone against brown ranks as a mid/high green killer. Never feels good, but then again neither does getting almost all purple/red like I do most games. I keep myself green for a reason, I don't like having to tryhard every game, but...I must be in the vast majority from how matchmaking treats me.
Red or purple - doesn't make much difference when talking about survivor
Nobody ranked up nobody ranked down, 7 rank difference. 6 rank hard limit is not working, but you'd know that wouldn't you, those stats would be kept by BHVR.