Wrath or Oni to level next (details inside)

So I’ve been on vacation since before the patch and now trying to decide who to dump 1.6 million points into when I get back. The plan was Oni, but after the changes and watching gameplay I’m not so sure. Just open to opinions.

So all of the other killers I want to play are already maxed on perks, and I do have all killers at least to 50 so I have all unlockables available.

Wrath looks interesting, although I don’t buy into him being “top tier,” from the new Tru videos I still think he may be fun because I enjoy sneaking up on survivors more than chasing/looping.

Oni looks fun too, rampaging all over the map once you get your power. Also the one shot down is nice, and the size is just imposing looking so that’s a neat plus from a gaming/theme standpoint.

I do enjoy being faster but I guess in their own way both killers do that. I think both are okay without any super dependent on specific addons.

Like I said I’m open to thoughts, neither killer will likely be my main play but I enjoy having options. Right now I swap a lot between Ghostface and Pig because of stealth, plague for theme, Spirit because I like zooming when possible, and Demo just because I’m a ST fan.

Comments

  • Wraith is very add-on dependent, and playing him without add-ons is an awful experience. He's not even close to top tier but his stronger combos and builds can make him somewhat decent at getting first hits.

    Oni used to be so good, but was gutted within a week of him being released. His power is a joke but it's getting tweaked again soon enough because not even the Devs know what they want him to be yet. He's essentially a bad version of hillbilly when he gets his power. His perks are probably better than Wraith's though.

  • Both play very differently, so in the fun category, you have to be the judge.

    Tru3's play style with the wraith is effective. If you like playing like that, he will serve you good. He's still fun when you don't play like that too.

    I haven't played oni enough to give a good criticism... 🤷‍♂️

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Both play very differently, so in the fun category, you have to be the judge.

    Tru3's play style with the wraith is effective. If you like playing like that, he will serve you good. He's still fun when you don't play like that too.

    I haven't played oni enough to give a good criticism... 🤷‍♂️

    Yeah, I feel like both killers can be fun in their own way. I’m thinking Oni first at least to 40 for perks and then start pumping points into both.

  • Prestige wraith. As somebody said, Wraith is incredibly add-on dependent. Oni can get away with none if he has a good build going.