Flashlight addons

Why are the descriptions for the flashlight addons so vague and don't give an explanation to what they do?

This mainly goes out to the "High-End Sapphire Lens". What does "Slightly increases the Flashlight Beam" even mean? I looked up on the wiki, and it states it increases the flashlights range, but this description has been in the game for a very long time and I never understood why the description hasn't been fixed.

Also, why does the Odd bulb have a down side for what it does? It's nowhere near as good as the High-End Sapphire Lens, which gives more than just extra blindness duration.

I feel as if survivor addons and items have been in need for reworks/ rebalancing for a long time, but that is a different story, for a different thread, that I will probably end up writing.

Comments

  • @LemeTheMeme said:

    Why are the descriptions for the flashlight addons so vague and don't give an explanation to what they do?

    This mainly goes out to the "High-End Sapphire Lens". What does "Slightly increases the Flashlight Beam" even mean? I looked up on the wiki, and it states it increases the flashlights range, but this description has been in the game for a very long time and I never understood why the description hasn't been fixed.

    Also, why does the Odd bulb have a down side for what it does? It's nowhere near as good as the High-End Sapphire Lens, which gives more than just extra blindness duration.

    I feel as if survivor addons and items have been in need for reworks/ rebalancing for a long time, but that is a different story, for a different thread, that I will probably end up writing.

    Every add on for flashlights is useless besides batteries and the filament.

  • If it doesn’t increase brightness/duration or charges it’s basically useless. :P

    And odd bulb sucks but is okay to run on a green flashlight.

  • @chase131119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112311/flashlight-addons

    Every add on for flashlights is useless besides batteries and the filament.

    True, Sapphire Lens is also really good too. Utility Flashlight+ Sapphire Lens+ Green Battery, will make for 18 seconds of flashlight time, WITH reduced consumption rate.

  • @chase131119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112311/flashlight-addons

    Every add on for flashlights is useless besides batteries and the filament.

    Intense Halogen is necessary on green/yellow light tbh.