Does second wind need a buff?
From my testing the perk seems very underwhelming for example decisive strike is a perk survivors do not have to work for but yet it provides a very powerful benefit whereas second wind can be countered easily and survivors have to work for it's negligible effect overall I think the perk should be repurposed or buffed in a unique fun yet fair way. My proposed changes would be to give the user 32 seconds of the endurance status effect when being unhooked or unhooking yourself acting like a personal borrowed time that can be used with deliverance what are your thoughts?
Comments
I like it. I use it with we'll make it so survivors might actually let me heal them
Healing someone else is 16 seconds of time.
The 32 seconds is a measurement of efficiency, not time.
I suppose. I’m just thinking of times where the killer happens to go after you and if you were in a bad spot to not able for the heal to trigger. I still think the healing time should be slightly toned down
Counter Point: Efficiency
I look at Second Wind as more of an efficiency perk more than anything. You get unhooked, you don't have to waste time healing, you can go straight to a generator. That's anywhere up to 32 charges saved (a little under half a generator)- maybe more if you're Mangled.
DS is also an efficiency perk as well, I can finish around 50% of a generator (which is 40 seconds) and still waste the killer's time if they want to touch me in the next 20 seconds. Sure, if the timer expires, then that's when Second Wind shines, but what killer can ignore a survivor working on a generator?
I can pretend that I don't have DS (by not jumping in a locker nor doing anything that screams DS to the killer) and BOOM, I get a free health state with a 5 second head start in the chase. 😁
The problem that we're facing is that Second Wind can't compete with DS at all.
Maybe, since this isn't a huge change, why have the perk deactivate when it hasn't been successfully used? Is it really necessary to deactivate the perk when it has a condition and can only be use twice at most? The killer already cancels the insta-heal aspect of the perk by downing you, so what justifies deactivating the perk as well? What does canceling the perk achieves?