Why Jason Voohees won't be coming to DBD.
Plenty of us want him, but Jason will be very hard to find a place in DBD. Here are my THEORIES why. Note that I will be using lots of references to the game, not the movies.
1. Trapper's Existence.
Trapper is based off Jason, like Billy is based off Leatherface. BHVR didn't have the resources to get the license to use so they made up trapper. But Leatherface is here so why not Jason? That leads me to my next theory.
2. What would be his power?
Leatherface and Hillbilly share the same device but they use is in almost the exact opposite way. Hillbilly's use is long and narrow, having the infinite sprint and limited mobility. Leatherface is the opposite. He has a short and wide path which is much easier to hit and to use in the chase as he can still turn normally. The problem here is that any possible powers for Jason have been taken. Want to dash? Use The Pig. Want to teleport? Use nurse. Want traps? Use trapper. Slight movie reference as Jason used a bow and arrow ONCE in the remake. Oh, play huntress she has ranged attacks. See? Possible powers for him are already used.
3. He has his own dedicated game.
I hope we all know about FT13 the game. He LITERALLY has an entire game dedicated to just the Jason Voohees franchise. While I know the game has lost lots of popularity it's still exists and you can't deny it.
I know we all want him but feel free to come up with a way he could get in the game. I personally would like to see Camp Crystal lake realms more than just Jason alone.
1. Trapper's Existence.
Trapper is based off Jason, like Billy is based off Leatherface. BHVR didn't have the resources to get the license to use so they made up trapper. But Leatherface is here so why not Jason? That leads me to my next theory.
2. What would be his power?
Leatherface and Hillbilly share the same device but they use is in almost the exact opposite way. Hillbilly's use is long and narrow, having the infinite sprint and limited mobility. Leatherface is the opposite. He has a short and wide path which is much easier to hit and to use in the chase as he can still turn normally. The problem here is that any possible powers for Jason have been taken. Want to dash? Use The Pig. Want to teleport? Use nurse. Want traps? Use trapper. Slight movie reference as Jason used a bow and arrow ONCE in the remake. Oh, play huntress she has ranged attacks. See? Possible powers for him are already used.
3. He has his own dedicated game.
I hope we all know about FT13 the game. He LITERALLY has an entire game dedicated to just the Jason Voohees franchise. While I know the game has lost lots of popularity it's still exists and you can't deny it.
I know we all want him but feel free to come up with a way he could get in the game. I personally would like to see Camp Crystal lake realms more than just Jason alone.
Comments
Licenced killers are waste of money. Could have just created unique characters with the same powers and even make money from cosmetics. No better waste good money trying to get a licenced killer in your game.
It's absolutely not going to happen any time soon. With the court case still active, nothing can be created with the license. The F13 game can't even have new content added.
That said, I agree completely with Shadoureon. Licensed killers are a waste of time and money. I'd much rather see more original content.
I absolutely loved f13 when it came out, but they just ######### that game up, 1 it got way too easy, it was my fav game and then they just ruined it, so I really hope they can find a way to bring him to this game that would be fantastic