Why can't I hear survivors running anymore?
Not sure if this is just a PS4 thing, but I cannot hear the survivors' footsteps anymore. I can hear killers running around anywhere as survivor, but as Killer, it is very hard to hear anyone ever since the last patch has come through.
Am I alone in this??
I have always used my ears as Killer in order to help in tracking exact movements of my enemies, but recently, it seems like I can not hear anything!
If it is a bug, I pray that it gets fixed.
Comments
You are not alone with this, and its not a platform specific thing.
Survivors sounds, and footsteps in particular (because they are the most subtle), always get broken into oblivion with every major engine update (which we got just recently), since the launch of Dead by Daylight. Generally this takes several weeks, sometimes even months for the developers to fix.
Though it never gets fixed to its original state, but just slightly worse than before, causing the sound quality to slowly deteriorate in since 2016, and continues to do so.
Bugs, aren't they great?
That seriously sucks. It has made it much harder to play Killer, imo. I like to consider myself a killer main, but it has been so much harder to play as Killer since the latest patch. My headphones seem broken! Such a huge difference in sound lately.
Yeah same. I remember when I first started the game, and I first picked up killer. I had such an easy time tracking survivors, generator progress, and so on. But over the time, sound became less and less reliable. Now this has reached the point, where the broken sound is the most annoying thing for me when playing killer right now. I never cared too much about genspeed, or DS, or BT, or SWF, or the other crap as long as I was able to track people by sound. But now that since little over a year now, sound is no longer a viable option for me to find people, playing killer becomes incresingly unfun and just plain frustrating.
Sounds must break every other patch. It is mandated by law.