Survivor Perk: Shadow Ward
You are granted immunity from up to 1/2/3 hex perks. Other survivors will not be able to see your aura during the trial.
After another survivor ratted out my hiding spot to the killer, I thought it would be amazing if other survivors couldn't see my aura during the trial. This would come with a lot of downsides, so I thought it would be a great counter-balance to a powerful perk benefit.
Another benefit I was thinking of is complete immunity to aura reading; the killer cannot ever see you, but neither can fellow survivors.
Comments
Most likely the second one
It could kind of be counteracted by an swf group tho. As any downside would be mitigated by saying your location to your team. I love the idea of this perk but going in with friends would make this perk unbelievably broken.
@Zarathos
I hate SWF. It makes it tougher for the killers; tougher for the devs to balance; we'll never get a doppleganger killer because SWF can use voice to shut that down; and now this, too.
Or they could just add voice chat to the game.
I think it's incredibly stupid that the devs keep acting like they don't like SWF either. They put it in, they haven't done anything about it since then, and you know they know full well that there are some super busted aspects of it. But instead of just giving in and making it a feature of the game (and THEN balancing the killers around it so that killers can effectively combat SWF type groups) they just keep screwing around with perks.
I think their approach of "ignore the problem until it goes away" clearly isn't working and it's time to just embrace that SWF isn't going anywhere, give solo survivors the opportunity to participate in SWF if they so choose in game, and THEN balance the killers so they can play against it.
Yeah, I think hex perks are overly strong right now, and need a counter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeGyZu8zHY&feature=youtu.be
We could totally use more genrushing by disabling NOED and Ruin anyway.
My goal isn't to shut down hex perks; it's to avoid survivors using Bond/Empathy to tell the killer which locker I'm hiding in.
i don't think it's unbalanced, especially if it implies ALL auras. imagine getting hooked but your survivor friends can't find you? swf breaks this but i still think it's a good idea for a perk in the future (implying devs find a fix for swf)