What is the Basement Bug?

I have heard about this, and im now curious as to what it is. Can someone shed some light for me?

Comments

  • When a survivor is hooked in the basement, there is a (fairly good) chance their camera will glitch. They see outside the map (kinda dull really) and after a short time their character appears in the void, falling endlessly. In truth, they’re on the hook normally. When saved, the survivor doesn’t see it happen, so to them they’re still falling in the void, but they now can move around like normal if they try.

    There’s a few ways people have reported regaining their vision, but I’ve yet to see anything that’s worked 100% of the time.

  • I think it occurs when a survivor gets hooked in the basement. Once they are hooked, the survivor's camera will just go outside of the world, making it impossible to see anything.

  • @Triggered55 said:

    I have heard about this, and im now curious as to what it is. Can someone shed some light for me?

    Sure, here ya go

    It starts like this, first is a black screen and then a continuos fall to nowhere:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73QCktY6fXs

    And you fix it by getting out of the basement without knowing where you're going and then a survivor heals you, then the killer has to down you and carry you to the basement again.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdR7ASDevfk