Temporary Solution for the Basement Bug

If the bug is too hard to track down or takes too long to fix, can we just program a rock or invisible wall or something at the bottom of every basement staircase to block it?

People will learn soon enough not to work on that tome challenge at the moment. It is a fair drawback to both sides as killers can’t access those hooks and survivors can’t access a guaranteed chest.

On the upside, nobody prematurely loses the match and has to stand there wasting time because they’re afraid to disconnect.

Comments

  • You can fix it as a Survivor.

    Fake unhook them, get it to about 90ish percent I would say. Then unhook. It should fix it.

  • Make the basement hooks unusable at least, or something. It's ridiculous how many people have been running iron grasp/agitation in the last couple days and quite annoying honestly. I'm just glad I completed my basement challenges before the new chapter released lol

  • @yobuddd said:

    If the bug is too hard to track down or takes too long to fix, can we just program a rock or invisible wall or something at the bottom of every basement staircase to block it?

    People will learn soon enough not to work on that tome challenge at the moment. It is a fair drawback to both sides as killers can’t access those hooks and survivors can’t access a guaranteed chest.

    On the upside, nobody prematurely loses the match and has to stand there wasting time because they’re afraid to disconnect.

    @Thanatos_x said:

    Make the basement hooks unusable at least, or something. It's ridiculous how many people have been running iron grasp/agitation in the last couple days and quite annoying honestly. I'm just glad I completed my basement challenges before the new chapter released lol

    fine make it unusable, but then for every basement challenge they must be automatically completed in order to give progression (WITH REWARDS), and any challenge ALREADY completed allows for another to be completed at the player's choice. why? because if you can not progress along that path they may not complete their rift tiers and they might have already paid $10 for everything to be available. this is the most idiotic thing i have EVER ######### seen. You don't block something that is REQUIRED for progression of something that is official. Oh yea... there are basement achievements in steam, those would be completed automatically for those that have yet to do so but there will be no extra for having done them already as they don't key into anything that is paid for or possibly paid for.

  • I somehow managed to unglitch my camera once last night. My savior followed me around for amusement purposes and said I got out of the basement, wandered around for a while, and managed to find the basement again. My camera came back halfway down the stairs to the basement. So, not much of a way to fix for solo players, but team players might be able to guide their friends out of the basement and back in to try to fix their camera (please note, I’m very much not saying the bug is fine, just trying to share how I’ve seen it fixed)