The Devs are getting better at this

I haven't been able to play yet, but from what I've read the changes are looking pretty good.

For perks, I'm so happy balanced landing has been fixed and that undetectable was added to tinkerer and beast of prey - I didn't expect either of those to make it live. It's definitely situational, but Beast of Prey and Tinkerer can occasionally counter Borrowed Time if survivors aren't pay close enough attention. The tradeoff seems fair; tying the deep wound countdown to something other than the killer's terror radius, until something better is found and changing how protection hits accumulate. This should make Mettle of Man easier to use. Oh yeah, No One Left Behind also got some good changes.

For killers, the changes to legion don't seem to be exactly what people were hoping for, but it's a start. Legion should be more enjoyable to play and perform a little bit better with faster cool downs and status effect addons that are applied on-hit via feral frenzy. We could say that the tradeoff is the spirit nerfs? People can no longer gimmick their way to a 4k with her, but she remains intact for players who mainly play her.

I didn't find anything I didn't like, really. But, if I had to pick something to complain about, it would be that collision with hooked survivors was changed for killers, but not for survivors. If it doesn't make sense for killers to be able to hit a survivor through a hooked survivor's body, then it shouldn't make sense that the altruistic survivor can teleport through a hooked survivors body while unhooking - I'd think anyone that's played killer a bit has seen this.

Otherwise, the majority of the changes are beneficial (and fair-minded) for both sides, clearly showing the consideration they put into this patch. The devs have done a good job here. Thanks for your hard work!

Comments

  • Cannot say I am happy with the Legion changes but hey, at least they haven't been forgotten, like Clown.