where are the event cosmetics?
in the devs blog, they announced to bring the howling grounds and summer BBQ cosmetics in the game, but they Arent there. does anyone know why?
Tagged:
Trusted
in the devs blog, they announced to bring the howling grounds and summer BBQ cosmetics in the game, but they Arent there. does anyone know why?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They cancelled those and found a way to return them only to people who unlocked them.
They announced that about a month ago, but changed their minds due to player feedback.
From the Release Information that was posted a few hours ago:
In the latest Dev Update, we announced our plan to unlock a large list of exclusive cosmetics to all players on PC and console. According to the feedback we received, we decided to review the unlocking process for the following cosmetics:
As it was mentioned by many players, these cosmetics were earned during events and were representative of the player's dedication to the game. The way these cosmetics were stored created an issue where a loss of progress was possible, we've since switched to a more secure method of storage for event cosmetics.
At the time of the announcement, last month, we had no way to isolate players who had earned these cosmetics. Since then, we have found a way to isolate the players that have played the event and will be able to restore these four cosmetics on a large scale, only to players that earned them during the events. Keep an eye on the news, this will happen Soon™
Source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108882/
I am glad they reserved the event cosmetics
They were the only ones that shouldn't be given to everyone, only the code ones should
I’m actually glad to hear this. I love my puppy huntress mask and frequently get messages from people asking where I got it or how it’s really cool, I’ve played this game for a very long time so it’s nice to have something special to show that off, even if it’s just one or two unique items :)
GJ Devs!
You did everything right with this update again thanks so much for listening for feedback!
@Peanits <3
Oh cool, I like this. Maybe they'll go with the idea of proper unlocking them through their related Event? I do enjoy seeing Event cosmetics because those people earned them and it's like a badge of sorts.
I couldn't care less about any of the other exclusives that were released, the only one I wanted was the untamed donkey jacket and I can't even get that now. I really hope they make it available in another event...
I agree. And that could be cool to be able to unlock them in future events, similarly to the Hallowed Blight skins, if the devs ever decide to do similar events again and not just bloodpoint-related ones as they've said they're planning to do for the forseeable future.