Relaxing VS Competitive
I'm a Killer main all the way, playing Survivor here and there.
You can have your complaints on them all you want, and i would probably agree on at least some.
But i don't have to worry about others, i do actually feel powerful despite Pallets being an amazing Survivor weapon, and there's these moments every now and then that keep me hooked, like actual YOINKS from Generators, pulling off Devour Hope once in a blue moon, landing a super lunge as Wraith combined with hitting just with the tip, etc. etc.
And it wasn't like i didn't play Survivor, but it sure was a lot less.
Only now do i really feel the difference between the two roles.
To me, they're night and day.
Even though i'm weaker than the Killer, even though i got fellows to worry about, even though situations can seem dire when one's dead...I feel so relaxed.
- Everytime i see the Killer, it's just "Ohey!" and then the chase begins.
- Everytime i go down, it's just "Okay."
- Everytime i escape, it's "Nice."
- Everytime i die, it's "Oh well."
With Killer, i feel MUCH more like i want to do my absolute best, and the competitive feeling will be positive or negative, given how the trial goes.
I guess what i'm trying to say is: With Killer, i feel like i have a lot more to accomplish, but if i do, it feels very rewarding, while as Survivor, i generally have a god time either way.
Anyone else feel somewhat like this?

Comments
killer is honestly not very fun but thats because of terrible frames on console
I like playing both sides! Killer I find is a lot easier than survivor in my opinion even though I used to be a die-hard survivor main. I still play sides 50/50 though.
PS4 player as well, currently maining Wraith at Rank 5.
To me it feels like that as killer because you're constantly getting mocked, taunted and played with by survivors. You want to win to teach them a lesson for acting like that.
As survivor it's more a good time either way because unless you mess up A LOT you are going to win. Your worst case scenario is when you get bad teammates and that's kinda just whatever. The higher rank you get the less often that happens. The killer may kill you, but he didn't taunt, mock or toy with you generally because if he did he would lose the game, of which the same can't be said vice versa. The survivors can dick around a lot and still win easily.
Survivor is just so much more relaxing and chill. Ironically this should be the complete opposite.
Somewhat.
I'm actually pretty competitive when I play survivor too. For me, I prefer getting all the gens done with my team.
That being said, survivor is definitely more easy going.
Perhaps that is why killers tend to be a bit more sweaty than survivors. Like you said, survivors are more accustomed with "losing" so to speak. Whereas killers feel like they need to get a certain number of kills to win.
I think with killer I also do feel more pressure to prove I'm a good killer against the stronger survivors.
However as survivor I also feel a lot of pressure to do well so they don't think I'm a bad teammate. Especially when we have a toxic killer I really want to do well
I actually get more excited when playing survivor. Because I've always played more killer. I've always been curious as to how I can climb to rank 1 as survivor without really playing the role very much. But I'm a lot worse then normal rank 1's. I can take a killer on a sick chase here and there... But I'm generally not anywhere as good as those people that have 5k hours played in survivor. It's so bad that against a killer like trapper. I won't use anything to juke him because I'm always thinking I'd have a trap here. And it gets me farmed by trappers all day.
As a killer I'm more tense. Nothing feels worse then having a bad game as a killer. It makes you really frustrated. I get why some people whine about killers getting bullied. Cause when it happens you feel like dog crap. But to be honest normally there's 10 good games to every bully team. I try not to let it bother me though and move on.
I like the difference between the two roles though. It honestly feels like a different game when you choose the other side. Still the same basic gameplay. But it keeps it refreshing and keeps you coming back for more.
Tbh, I've stop attempting to play this game competitively. I have fighting games for that, this is just good ole survival fun.