Lack of Purple/Red Rank Killers

So I obviously can't speak for the world or even all platforms, but it feels like my region/platform combination (east US/Canada PC) has very few purple or red rank killers. For reference, I'm currently a purple survivor and a green killer. My survivor queues, even as a solo surv, take a few min (not terribly long, not complaining about queue times right now) and my killer queues are pretty instant. But what I've noticed is that my survivor games are typically against a green rank killer and my killer games are against purple/red survivors.

I've been to rank 1 on both sides, I got those achieves a good few years ago and no longer care about my rank - except that I don't like ranking up to the point I'm not having fun. I've been enjoying the weaker end of the killer line up more recently, so needing to go more or less full tryhard to do well when I'm encountering people two colors ahead of me isn't really my idea of fun right now, and it's a little frustrating not being put up against people near the rank I've been loosely trying to maintain, where I can have fun without running in a circle for half the match. I believe it's specifically a killer deficit because of the direction the queues take - if my killer queues took a long time I'd believe it was a lack of survivors near my rank.

I know people complain about queues and matchmaking doing a poor job across the board, but I'm curious if people have seen this trend in other regions, or if you're in my region and you're experiencing something different in this region I'd be curious as well. It's been like this since I came back in October for me, so either I've been put in a special matchmaking setup for some reason, I'm just unlucky, or this is indeed the trend.

Comments

  • Not to necro a thead.. but do devs even read this? Is there no response on fixing this or is it fine the way it is? I went from purple to green rank because the game went from fun to stressful, which is sad because I play this game daily and play almost entirely as a killer. But now I don't even want to play anymore.. =(

  • Ranking system is poopy

  • @Lucian said:

    Not to necro a thead.. but do devs even read this? Is there no response on fixing this or is it fine the way it is? I went from purple to green rank because the game went from fun to stressful, which is sad because I play this game daily and play almost entirely as a killer. But now I don't even want to play anymore.. =(

    If they have read it they don't/can’t always reply.

    I play PS4 UK region and have echoed the same sentiments on similar threads that keep popping up.

    My killer games are instant even in the early hours of the morning; survivor takes 5-10 minutes at least and gets worse in more unsociable hours.

    As others have said, Killer is really stressful, often unrewarding; and with the survivor challenges being easier and more plentiful in the Archive I have played more survivor than ever this season, hitting rank 3.

    I think it says a lot when people would rather wait 10+ minutes for a game than subject themselves to playing killer.

    As a red rank survivor I’m more often than not matched with other red ranks against a rank 10ish killer, which feels horrible even when you all escape.

    As a killer I was on the other side and stuck at rank 10ish for a long time, matched against a full red rank team which also felt horrible to be basically a play thing for players twice my rank.

    I made it to rank 7 by season end but that was by barely scraping black pips until I got that 1 in 100 game where there were a couple of low ranks and I actually stood a chance of getting a pip.

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918962#Comment_918962

    If they have read it they don't/can’t always reply.

    I play PS4 UK region and have echoed the same sentiments on similar threads that keep popping up.

    My killer games are instant even in the early hours of the morning; survivor takes 5-10 minutes at least and gets worse in more unsociable hours.

    As others have said, Killer is really stressful, often unrewarding; and with the survivor challenges being easier and more plentiful in the Archive I have played more survivor than ever this season, hitting rank 3.

    I think it says a lot when people would rather wait 10+ minutes for a game than subject themselves to playing killer.

    As a red rank survivor I’m more often than not matched with other red ranks against a rank 10ish killer, which feels horrible even when you all escape.

    As a killer I was on the other side and stuck at rank 10ish for a long time, matched against a full red rank team which also felt horrible to be basically a play thing for players twice my rank.

    I made it to rank 7 by season end but that was by barely scraping black pips until I got that 1 in 100 game where there were a couple of low ranks and I actually stood a chance of getting a pip.

    If you can't even hit rank 1 as survivor you're not a credible source

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919031#Comment_919031

    If you can't even hit rank 1 as survivor you're not a credible source

    You realise I could have said I was rank 1 both sides etc etc, there’s no way of knowing who is being honest when they say that stuff.

    Rank has nothing to do with credibility and sure I could have hit rank 1 if I wasn’t specifically going for challenges, playing killer also, or I had simply put more time into it.

    Rank 1 as killer is hard, rank 1 as survivor just takes time and patience, it’s basically impossible to derank outside of getting caught early and camped or tunnelled.

    Do you have anything useful to add to the conversation or are you just a troll?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919031#Comment_919031

    If you can't even hit rank 1 as survivor you're not a credible source

    As the OP of this thread, I can and will happily link my profile for proof that I've reached rank 1 on both sides if you so desire, and I'm the one who complained initially here about being purple surv/green killer and getting the wrong colors. Rank is meaningless. I stay green as killer to have a good mix of fun and challenge - but if I'm gonna get reds anyway, I may as well not stay green either and get back down to yellow. Doesn't mean I can't tryhard for a month and get to rank 1, but I'm certainly not gonna have fun with it.

1 2 ›