Incorrect Emblem Placement

This is actually something that has been constantly happening to me today in my PS4 account. I have played a few games where I did quite well as a survivor, but this last match's results had me really upset.

To run it down:

  • I fixed 3 generators
  • Unhooked 2 people safely and healed them afterwards
  • Escaped the killer twice before getting caught the last time
  • Lasted until the very end of the match


I felt pretty confident after finishing. Knowing that I at least would level up considering how well I did. The match ended with me being hooked and another survivor escaping through the hatch, and my results were:

  • ~7200 objective points
  • ~1500 survivor points
  • ~6900 altruism points
  • ~7500 bold points


With the cap being 8000 points and variables being how well you receive them, I assumed that I would have ranked up. To my surprise, I ranked down!! I ended up with 3 silver emblems and 1 bronze. In a match where I actually did really well as a survivor. After playing this game for a while trying to build myself up to rank 1 this was really aggravating, especially because those points were unjustly calculated.

Comments

  • emblems aren't always reflected in points. I would check the little window that shows when mousing over the eblem to see if any actions you did took away points towards an emblem. other than that it might be a bug like you assumed.

  • I assume you did all of this alone, because otherwise it is different.

    2 unhooks + heals should be an Iridescent Benevolent but at least a Gold, because Silver is the half of what you did. Silver Unbroken is right, if you stayed alive for at least 9min but died, which I think you did. 3 Gens by yourself can be a Gold or Iridescent Lightbringer depending how much the others did, but it definitely should be an Iridescent. Chaser is difficult, because "he lost me 2 times" is not very precise. Chaser depends on not getting hit during a chase for a long time and lose the killer (you get the Escaped score event), as well as pallet stuns. I thought multiple times that I should have at least Silver Chaser but had only just got Bronze instead.

    But if you did the healing and gens with someone else, it maxes out your points quickly but "hurts" your emblems.

  • @RainbowPatooie Yep. One game I pipped with 9k at purple ranks and another I depipped with 20k. That was one of the games where I was trying the 64k BP challenge which gets you a lot of points, but if you fail, you depip most likely.