About the Archive Update

I really like that the Archives now take a bit less time to go through. I know that the original idea was to make it take long enough that you are close to completing the rift when you finish the last tome, but the main reason that I like the Archives is the lore sprinkled about. Sure, I don't hate the rift like many others, but that's not the main reason I take on the challenges in the Tome. It's more of a byproduct. I know the two are interconnected, but I really feel like the tome's projected completion time shouldn't take the rift into account.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You can complete the Tome at any time. So even if the Rift closes, you will be able to complete the Tomw - you will not get any Rift Fragments tho.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You can complete the Tome at any time. So even if the Rift closes, you will be able to complete the Tomw - you will not get any Rift Fragments tho.

    I know, but some of the things for the time are rather specific, and can lead to people playing poorly just to complete a challenge. Not having to do that as for as long is helpful.

  • I'm just concerned that people are going to finish the Tome and then start complaining that the Rift is too grindy because they need additional XP to finish it now that the challenges have become easier, even though it was likely those same people who complained that the challenges were too hard in the first place.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I'm just concerned that people are going to finish the Tome and then start complaining that the Rift is too grindy because they need additional XP to finish it now that the challenges have become easier, even though it was likely those same people who complained that the challenges were too hard in the first place.

    I don't think many people complained about the grindy ones. They were grindy and annoying yes, but the majority of the complaints were things like "unhook two people safely in the end game collapse. The killer doesn't even usually hook two people during the EGC, and if he does, more than one person can get those unhooks.

    The other big complaints were about how the survivor ones encouraged poor play, which they still do. Besides, I'm sure Iridescent Age made up for the grind anyways. You only get one count even if you get 4 iridescent emblems, meaning you need to play 15 games with one iridescent to get it.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881507#Comment_881507

    I don't think many people complained about the grindy ones. They were grindy and annoying yes, but the majority of the complaints were things like "unhook two people safely in the end game collapse. The killer doesn't even usually hook two people during the EGC, and if he does, more than one person can get those unhooks.

    The other big complaints were about how the survivor ones encouraged poor play, which they still do.

    I saw a lot of complaints about the grind as well as the difficulty. And I'm not saying any of the complaints were invalid, I'm just saying that there are many people who just want the Rift to be easier, full stop. And some of those people, I'm predicting, won't understand the connection between the complaints made about the challenges and the consequent increase in XP grind to finish the Rift.

    I believe there is a certain sect of people who complained that the challenges were too difficult, for whatever reason, and once they've finished the Tome they'll start complaining about the XP grind, which is a direct consequence of the changes to the challenges. Again, not everyone, but a certain group of people.

    I would love to be proved wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881520#Comment_881520

    I saw a lot of complaints about the grind as well as the difficulty. And I'm not saying any of the complaints were invalid, I'm just saying that there are many people who just want the Rift to be easier, full stop. And some of those people, I'm predicting, won't understand the connection between the complaints made about the challenges and the consequent increase in XP grind to finish the Rift.

    I believe there is a certain sect of people who complained that the challenges were too difficult, for whatever reason, and once they've finished the Tome they'll start complaining about the XP grind, which is a direct consequence of the changes to the challenges. Again, not everyone, but a certain group of people.

    I would love to be proved wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

    I just felt like safe unhooks in general should never have been used as a "challenge", nor throwing pallets in a chase. I also felt like certain things were way too rare or impossible of a situation to even happen, let alone perform the condition to the challenge during the situation that was supposed to happen.

  • Wait, when did the update go through? I was playing just a couple hours ago and still had 10 escapes which was supposed to go down to 5...

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881528#Comment_881528

    I just felt like safe unhooks in general should never have been used as a "challenge", nor throwing pallets in a chase. I also felt like certain things were way too rare or impossible of a situation to even happen, let alone perform the condition to the challenge during the situation that was supposed to happen.

    That's fair enough. Again, not saying any of the complaints were invalid. Just predicting that there may be some people (not talking about you) who don't understand cause and effect.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/881552#Comment_881552

    That's fair enough. Again, not saying any of the complaints were invalid. Just predicting that there may be some people (not talking about you) who don't understand cause and effect.

    Yeah, I know. I just feel like most people would have been fine if they only changed the problematic ones. I think I'll still be close to finished with the rift by the time all the challenges are completed. I'm on Iridescent Age right now(had to go the killer route because the unhook 2 survivors during EGC one is blocking my progress) and I'm pretty close to level 50 on the Rift.

  • It would just be nice if we had the option to go with a hard mode or a normal mode for the tomes. I have no problem with the current challenges.

    It felt good after I was able to get the “Last Minute Hero”

    I do understand why it needs to be change. Majority of the players who buys the premium track are casual players. However, I wish I could continue to play with the current challenges.

  • Kinda not connected to the OP's post, i have one question that's not thread worthy.

    If i claim the "epilogue" while not finishing all the challenges can I still finish them after i claim the rewards of that particular tome?

  • @rd_dex said:

    Kinda not connected to the OP's post, i have one question that's not thread worthy.

    If i claim the "epilogue" while not finishing all the challenges can I still finish them after i claim the rewards of that particular tome?

    @rd_dex

    Yes, you can still finish that tome. Tomes will always be available. It’s just once another archive is active you will not be able to collect xp from tomes that came with the previous archive.

  • @LordRegal said:

    Wait, when did the update go through? I was playing just a couple hours ago and still had 10 escapes which was supposed to go down to 5...

    It got delayed. Surprise, surprise.