Playing a game where the killer is afk the whole game and i still depip.
Like the title says, I played a game and the killer was afk the whole time and i still depipped, I just think it's unfair for that to even be a thing and was wondering if there was ever going to be some fixes for this kind of stuff?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Fair enough. That hasn't been my experience, but since you're a seasoned camper I will happily defer to you on this one 😊
you don't seem to understand how games work. developers make games for people to play that they will find fun. In this game, they made it 4 survivors against 1 killer. fairly obvious, killer kills, survivors try to do gens to survive and get out. People buy this game knowing that basic concept. But once you start playing, YOU are playing and trying to make it fun for the other side. In apex legends, if 1 side just stood around and did nothing, you just ran right up to them and shot them in the face, how much fun would it be? I mean really, not just the first time, how long are you going to play? When you play Apex Legends, you expect the other side to give you competition, otherwise, it's just not fun. The same thing hold true here. The survivors are in this to try and do objectives, get the door open and get out, while trying to avoid being killed by you. When you tunnel, slug, camp, you kill this thrill. you kill the reason to play. You make it so people just don't want to play this game. So they stop and move on to something else.
"survivors who will drag you to haddo with instaheals and balanced landing while being in a SWF."
Funny thing you mention those 2 things. Instaheals have been nurfed, Balanced Landing is being nurfed. So when are they going to listen to survivors and start punishing camping and tunneling?
You're right, I misread what you said. but I still disagree with camping being a powerful tool. This is a tool that practically guarantee's screwing over at least 1 survivor just to secure a kill. I'll admit, I'm not the best at running a killer. That being said, I ran one for almost 2 minutes before he finally caught me. during that time 2 gens got done, 1 had 2 on it, other had 1. Killer hooks me, I see 2 on a gen, 1 cleaning a totem. totem breaks, gen completes, and killer is camping my face. 2 gens left, 2 people coming to get me, bubba just staring at me. 2 others arrive, 1 tries to pull bubba away. he starts to leave, then turns quickly and downs the other. the 2nd guy just leaves, 1 at my feet waiting for anything and bubba still face camping. I die on hook earning less than 5k points and depip. Yeah that was fair. I get to depip because Bubba had to camp. Game ends with all gens done. Bubba's sitting on about 20k points, survivors are at 10 and under. I can guarantee no survivor pipped, 2 depipped, and killer probably did, and this is fair how?
As much as I would be happy to keep discussing it, and I realise how much of a copout this sounds, but I am very aware of the fact that this conversation has gotten to a point where it has absolutely nothing to do with the original post. Derailing threads is actually against the rules, so for that reason I don't think we should keep discussing camping here.
If you want to talk more about the issue, I would encourage you to make your own thread about it.
Developers make games so they can make their publisher money. If people didn't like it, they would not play. It's not my responsibility at ALL to make sure the other players are having fun. Especially in a PvP game where they are my opponent, and especially online where I have no prior connection to any of the players.
And the insta-heal nerf / balanced landing nerf is just another drop in the bucket to me. Survivors have always been overpowered in this game, right from the start. The game is still in their favor, and I understand why it is that way (balanced around solo Q instead of SWF).
You don't seem to understand. It is your job to entertain the other side, just as much as it's my job to entertain you. If all survivors did was join the game and stand there, how long would you play?
Oh wait, you already believe survivors are overpowered with their skills being nerfed regularly, looping being limited and removed, door spawns too close together, killers playing like scumbags hindering points. You would probably love this game if the only thing survivors did was stand around waiting for you to down them.
I love how you rush to assume I never play survivor. Survivor is insanely overpowered if you know the infinite locations, there's only a handful of killers who know how to deal with them.
Did I mention that I play at rank 1 for both killer and survivor? I will give you screenshots for proof if you desire. Unfortunately, most people who play this game don't seem to understand the potential of the infinite loops, which are present on almost every map. I can see how a new survivor could fall into the trap of thinking killers are the more powerful role.
Nice try, rank 4. Infinite loops are being removed, and already have been removed from many maps. They're easy to deal with as well, WALK AWAY. You got a survivor playing on a infinite, he isn't doing anything and you can get someone else. Hell you only have to feign walking away as most will think they got the better of you. But hey, go ahead and post your photo shopped picks. If you haven't learned to leave a chase, you obviously aren't rank 1.
The balanced landing nerf will only get rid of maybe half the infinites present. And even then, the routes will be still be very strong loops, just not being able to vault the windows 20+ times strong (myers house). There will still be infinite loops on at least half of the maps.
There is no point to "walking away" from a bad chase unless you are an extremely high mobility killer. A bad chase is better than no chase, and assuming the survivors are equal skill there should be no difference between one chase and another in terms of difficulty.
It is funny to think you can avoid infinites when on many maps, multiple generators spawn near them. You have clearly not run into survivors who beeline for them any chance they get. The asylum map is an amazing example.
I don't understand why you would come in with an attitude like that. I do believe it's unfair for you to be punished when there is afk players and I don't believe you should be rewarded either.
ppl don't want to play.. https://steamcharts.com/app/381210 the playerbase was peaking even before the pandemic :) if your team get camped you fcked it up.. you have the power to stop campers.. if you can't then the killer was simply better in that game end of story.. it's the same if the survivors managed to genrush a killer the survivors were better
But wait, I thought ranks didn’t matter?