Pipping is stupid and gens are way too easy

Okay can we do something about this stupid system so killers actually have a chance.

Why do you have gens at SUCH A LOW time requirement to be finished?! I'm so tired of basically being required to bring one crap gen perk (ruin) and a supplemental gen perk to stand a chance at high ranks.


To make matters worse in games where I'm cleaning house (no Mori mind you) I don't even pip. Literally just had several games where I sacrificed 3 survivors one got away through you handicap safety hatch and didn't pip and BARELY safety pipped. Why do I have to basically LET survivors get unhooks in order to guarantee a pip. And just as a kaveat to the people who are gonna say "yOU sHOuLDnt Be cAMpiNG" this isn't camping I play hag so super altruistic teams get wrecked. Cause they trade places (at best) or both get caught (at worst)


But if I chase every survivor hit them all get maybe 2 hooks I still don't pip. You are basically forcing me to let trash survivors get free unhooks just to ensure that I'm even pipping.


And that's not even counting matches where I 4k and STILL don't pip. You ranking system requires killer to just play nice. And let survivors win.

It's no wonder every other game as survivor I'm getting killers who try to farm. Because the system actively to encourages you to play like trash


Oh and don't get me started on now running into sooooo many damn trappers that i can't even enjoy a switch from killer because i can almost guarantee the killer is trapper. It was a nice novelty at first but I'm tired of seeing trapper now.


Balance your dang game for Christ sakes

Comments

  • @DarthRane said:

    Okay can we do something about this stupid system so killers actually have a chance.

    Why do you have gens at SUCH A LOW time requirement to be finished?! I'm so tired of basically being required to bring one crap gen perk (ruin) and a supplemental gen perk to stand a chance at high ranks.

    To make matters worse in games where I'm cleaning house (no Mori mind you) I don't even pip. Literally just had several games where I sacrificed 3 survivors one got away through you handicap safety hatch and didn't pip and BARELY safety pipped. Why do I have to basically LET survivors get unhooks in order to guarantee a pip. And just as a kaveat to the people who are gonna say "yOU sHOuLDnt Be cAMpiNG" this isn't camping I play hag so super altruistic teams get wrecked. Cause they trade places (at best) or both get caught (at worst)

    But if I chase every survivor hit them all get maybe 2 hooks I still don't pip. You are basically forcing me to let trash survivors get free unhooks just to ensure that I'm even pipping.

    And that's not even counting matches where I 4k and STILL don't pip. You ranking system requires killer to just play nice. And let survivors win.

    It's no wonder every other game as survivor I'm getting killers who try to farm. Because the system actively to encourages you to play like trash

    Oh and don't get me started on now running into sooooo many damn trappers that i can't even enjoy a switch from killer because i can almost guarantee the killer is trapper. It was a nice novelty at first but I'm tired of seeing trapper now.

    Balance your dang game for Christ sakes

    According to the game stats, all killers can get 2ks on red ranks so that is on you buddy

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107925/pipping-is-stupid-and-gens-are-way-too-easy

    According to the game stats, all killers can get 2ks on red ranks so that is on you buddy

    Yeah I already had this conversation with someone else so I'm not going to repeat everything all over again. I'll just say this, no one cares about randos with no coordination that's all those stats reflect but nice try.

  • @DarthRane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/874323#Comment_874323

    Yeah I already had this conversation with someone else so I'm not going to repeat everything all over again. I'll just say this, no one cares about randos with no coordination that's all those stats reflect but nice try.

    But randos with no coordination seem to be the majority of red ranks im afraid

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/874388#Comment_874388

    But randos with no coordination seem to be the majority of red ranks im afraid

    Ehh that's debatable I seem to run into enough swf teams you don't need 4 as long as its at least 3 unless the 4th is absolutely terrible the 3 can usually coordinate around the rando

  • @DarthRane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/874861#Comment_874861

    Ehh that's debatable I seem to run into enough swf teams you don't need 4 as long as its at least 3 unless the 4th is absolutely terrible the 3 can usually coordinate around the rando

    The last time the released part amount stats solos were 50% of players. 2 man roughly 25% 4 man around 5%. 3 man ~20%. And those stats do not just reflect randoms. They reflect every single match of DBD in the past 3 months.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892202#Comment_892202

    The last time the released part amount stats solos were 50% of players. 2 man roughly 25% 4 man around 5%. 3 man ~20%. And those stats do not just reflect randoms. They reflect every single match of DBD in the past 3 months.

    Even IF that was true again I doubt but let's grant the premise what does that have to do with the post?

  • @DarthRane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892341#Comment_892341

    Even IF that was true again I doubt but let's grant the premise what does that have to do with the post?

    It means that the majority of players are randos who don't know each other.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892740#Comment_892740

    It means that the majority of players are randos who don't know each other.

    Okay, that has no baring on how quick the gens are to do rando or no rando base gen with no regression perks, no speed repairing is 80 seconds that's insanely quick for how crap the regression perks are and how easily COUNTERED they are.


    It also has no baring on how crap the pipping system is where you literally have to let survivors get unhooks to ensure you pip.


    I'll use my most extreme situation that happened a few days ago.

    I was playing ghort face downed a survivor I don't know wth went through the teams head but a lot bad plays happened all hit I think all of them or almost all of them on the way to hook then they all kept trying to rescue before I even got away from the hook . I literally completed the game faster than it took to load. Didn't even pip it made for a funny game but come on lol now this is the extreme end never had it be that bad previously hab. but I've had games where get multiple hits several survivors double hooked but because 2 got away I barely safety pip. The game wants killers to play well but not TOO well if you are going to pip.

  • @DarthRane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895722#Comment_895722

    Okay, that has no baring on how quick the gens are to do rando or no rando base gen with no regression perks, no speed repairing is 80 seconds that's insanely quick for how crap the regression perks are and how easily COUNTERED they are.

    It also has no baring on how crap the pipping system is where you literally have to let survivors get unhooks to ensure you pip.

    I'll use my most extreme situation that happened a few days ago.

    I was playing ghort face downed a survivor I don't know wth went through the teams head but a lot bad plays happened all hit I think all of them or almost all of them on the way to hook then they all kept trying to rescue before I even got away from the hook . I literally completed the game faster than it took to load. Didn't even pip it made for a funny game but come on lol now this is the extreme end never had it be that bad previously hab. but I've had games where get multiple hits several survivors double hooked but because 2 got away I barely safety pip. The game wants killers to play well but not TOO well if you are going to pip.

    2 getting away is like a tie. Safety pip makes sense to me.

    4ks being saftey pips are kinda dumb though. The whole ranking system is dumb though. The game becomes a whole lot more enjoyable when you stop even looking at the number in the top right corner and just start playing the game.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895736#Comment_895736

    2 getting away is like a tie. Safety pip makes sense to me.

    4ks being saftey pips are kinda dumb though. The whole ranking system is dumb though. The game becomes a whole lot more enjoyable when you stop even looking at the number in the top right corner and just start playing the game.

    I agree with that but I also like actually trying to work towards something it's a trade off. Iand even if you ignore the number when they give you silvers /bronze even though you do well because you ended it to quick it's just like wth