New Spirit REWORK IDEA
New Spirit REWORK IDEA (by knightmar)
1) Introduction 2) Addons changes 3) What about interactions? 4) What about passive phasing? 5) What about hook blocking? 6) How to juke new Spirit?
1) Recently I was playing a lot of PTB as Spirit and after every game I was asking people if they feel any difference playing against her.
Most of the answers was "no". I played against her also and didn't noticed that big of a difference. I think the changes that are presented on PTB are making her more boring to play and have less diversity in perk builds but aren't affecting power of her ability that much. I came with cool idea that I want to share with everyone here.
What if she would be able to hit someone only right after coming out of phasing? The thing that she's called "The Spirit" could even make good excuse for that in lore.
I suggest to undo all changes made to her in PTB except removal of the collision when she's phasing and making so she's only able to hit a survivor right after coming out of phasing.
That would allow survivors for various jukes. They would no longer feel defenceless against her ability. She would require much more ACTUAL skill. Every hit or juke would be deserved. Her ability isn't now INFINITLY good it's JUST good cause it's limited by recharge time.
There is also to keep in mind that now when she's only able to hit someone right after coming out of phasing all the speed addons will make finding a perfect hit actually harder now and they can be used for more various things like traveling not to just make power of her ability that much stronger and deadlier.
2) I also made some addons changes:
Yakuyoke Amulet - A powerful Talisman giving the owner power and protection. Tremendously increases yamaoka's haunting speed, scratchmarks are no longer visible while using yamaoka's hunting.
Mother-Daughter Ring - The power of her's mother ring gives the Spirit connection with world of alive. The Spirit can hit survivors at any time, tremendously increases yamaoka's haunting recharge time.
Dried Cherry Blossom - As she could feel sweet cherry blossom fragrance, now she can feel smell of her victims. The Spirit have collision while using yamaoka's haunting.
Juniper Bonsai - Slightly increases yamaoka's haunting speed, slightly increases yamaoka's haunting duration.
(Father's Glasses would be actually a good addon now.)
It would be nice in my opinion to leave Prayer Beads Bracelet as silencer cause now it's not that powerful, the only thing it can help with are grabs but if people will complain I think it's better to stay with reworked version.
3) What about interactions?
The Spirit can make all the interactions like pulling someone out of a locker, grabbing from a hook or generator etc. as she could before.
4) What about passive phasing?
Right now passive phasing helps the Spirit in chase cause survivors can't see her moving that good. After the rework since she can't hit anyone normally that's useless. I mean they could make it longer and more frequent so she can fake going in haunting that way but I don't think that's needed. It just looks cool.
5) What about blocking hooks?
Since she's "spirit" she could have no collision so survivors couldn't block her but that would defeat purpose of few perks and also teamwork so I think it would be better if when she's carrying someone she simply is able hit.
6) How to juke new Spirit?
Survivors can use perks like Urban Evasion, Iron Will, Dance with me, Quick and quiet to fake their actual position when standing still so she isn't able to exacly know where they are and after she'll come out of phasing she wouldn't be able to find that hit. That's also working without any perks of course but these are just examples to make it even easier. Survivors can also make a little move like 360 or some run off to make her miss. Survivors can even hop into the locker and leave fast to make her miss. There's just so much new types of jukes that you can make since she can only hit right after coming out of phasing. As survivor you're not feeling defencelss now against her ability. You can now ACTUALLY win with her using your skill and it's much easier. In other side the REAL skilled Spirit player will not have any problem to down you but he'll be limited by ability recharge what will make her ability not INFINITLY good as it is now but JUST good. That will remain her most fun killer to play but also one who requires skill to be efficient.
Let me know what do you think about my rework idea, what do you like and what would you change in my version. I think that would be so nice to test something like this on PTB servers.
Thanks for your attention, Martin "knightmar"
Comments
Ah yes, butcher a balanced killer. Having a killer not be able to hit as they please will cause so much killer bullying. Phased to a gen and lunged but missed? Now you watch the survivor gen-tap in your face.
That isn't "punishing bad plays", it's actively making it impossible to win
Perfect way to summarise this idea: Big oof.
I would just make her move grass.
I dislike Spirit as much as the next guy but this is just.... Ouch.