I love the rift and the structure of the tomes

I'm not used to posting discussions as I tend to be more of a responding type. But, I fear that if I don't make discussions about these things they won't be as visible. Us introverts have to speak out! ha

I wanted to let the devs know that I think the challenges they've created are well made, and help players take on the perspective of the people whose backstories are being explored.

Some challenges are changing people's behavior, and they might be making bad decisions which other players will suffer for. But, that isn't anything resulting from the tomes - im sure you guys know this - players are going to do things that are going to upset other players regardless of that behavior stemming from tome challenges or general gameplay. People will find things to complain about, things to blame their dissatisfaction on, and rather than blaming it on facecamping, they're blaming it on the tomes.

Honestly, I think the varying behavior is a change of scenery and isn't necessarily a bad thing to see things deviate from the norm for a while.

But anyways, please think long and hard about considering any concerns about things being too challenging. These challenges are very doable! Some people want more rewards. Maybe more rewards? Who doesn't love more stuff? But isn't that what the tomes are giving us?! I mean, when will people learn to stop wanting more and instead learn to be happy for what they have, or are being given! Just please think twice before you go and make the game easier.

Comments

  • Some challenges are changing people's behavior, and they might be making bad decisions which other players will suffer for. But, that isn't anything resulting from the tomes

    Escape a trial using Spine Chill without getting downed once. Obviously they will feel discouraged to continue playing that game if they fail to do the challenge.

    and rather than blaming it on facecamping, they're blaming it on the tomes.

    People still complain about facecamping idk what you're about.

    Honestly, I think the varying behavior is a change of scenery and isn't necessarily a bad thing to see things deviate from the norm for a while.

    But anyways, please think long and hard about considering any concerns about things being too challenging. These challenges are very doable! Some people want more rewards. Maybe more rewards? Who doesn't love more stuff? But isn't that what the tomes are giving us?! I mean, when will people learn to stop wanting more and instead learn to be happy for what they have, or are being given! Just please think twice before you go and make the game easier.

    Okay listen - people are upset because

    a) The challenges are very time consuming and feel in some cases impossible to do in solos

    b) don't increase in rewards THAT MUCH (from level 1 to 2 i think it was only 10k bp more? And no increase in rift fragmens which is the main concern)