For those who want nerfs based on statistics for killers.
Im guessing your gonna allow the same courtesy for us when perk statistics come out and were probably gonna see adrenaline and DS pretty far up there for survivors? Or is this only a one way thing freddy is a problem but ds and adrenaline are "fine" even though the statistics will probably prove the same thing. (im saying for the people that statistics are everything then they better follow the same thing for survivors)
Comments
Nerf every thing that's on the top every month until the low tier killers rises and then you'll nerf them too since they're on the top. Rinse and repeat.
its honestly dumb seeing so many threads "OH statistics show freddy is bull statistics this statistics that". Then i know for a fact when statistics show adrenaline and DS as the most used survivor perks there will be silence in these forums or if someone does say something "no its fine shut up statistics only apply to killers"
The issue isn't perks or killers' designs. The problem right now is how terrible the servers are at recognizing what is actually happening, and then the objective design flaws. It takes 80 seconds for one person to complete a generator with no toolbox, and it's the survivors ONLY objective. So obviously they want to finish those quickly. Killers know this, so they stack perks to slow that down as much as possible, and then typically proceed to tunnel the hell out of someone to switch the odds in their favor (I am speaking in general, not every killer does this).
So what ends up happening is we get the same types of games over and over, with the same perks, and the same playstyles, and it makes everything pretty dull. Then on top of it, the servers made the interactions even more #########, so now survivors are getting hit 4 feet through windows and through pallet stuns. Because yes, certain killers are overperforming, but even Clown, the "weakest killer in red ranks" is still statistically overperforming, and I kinda am feeling those statistics are heavily influenced by 1) the servers, and 2) the implementation of EGC.
Also, side note. But if killers didn't proxy camp and tunnel constantly, survivors wouldn't feel so pigeon-holed into running builds that have things like DS and BT in them. It's the design and playstyle choices that influence player builds.
Ive said it a hundred times, Perks (Killer and survivor) should have a point system so you can’t have all the “best,” or all of the meta ones every game.
You want DS and BT, fine, but then the only other two you can afford this game are Streetwise and Flip Flop.
And again, same for killers you can have Ruin and Pop, but then not enough points for Thanatphobia and BBQ
I've always wanted them to categorize perks, and then limit the type of perk you can run. So you have killers perks that are like 'chaser (spirit fury), game stallers (ruin), information (BBQ), etc.' and then survivor perks that are like 'altruism (borrowed time), survival (DS), information (bond), etc.'.
And then, like you said, limit how many of each types you can run. It could potentially force out different builds because now at least people can't stack 3 of the same types of perks. Not sure how you go about balancing that, though.
This is why I enjoy the green/purple ranks because I still feel like I can play a silly Pig build and not get steamrolled. As a killer I get sick of feeling like 2-3 of my perk slots are locked every game.
Same thing for survivor, if I play solo and don’t run meta perks I feel like I’m hampering my team which is unfair. Killer camping you during endgame, feels bad I didn’t run BT this game. Killer camping me, feel bad I didn’t bring DS.
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it. Yes, bugs and servers are annoying as hell, but what's been ruining the experience for me lately is how the players choose to play the game, not the concept of the game itself. It's quite disheartening. But, I think that's the fall of most popular games. Players be ruining everything.
You aren’t wrong, communities ruin games but it’s often in combination with the Devs. Let’s look at WoW which I used to play, until they turned heroic dungeons from strategic talk, just difficult enough feeling dungeons to a auto-queue, race through it loot fest with people who said no words the whole time.
Players said they wanted faster dungeons and quicker queues, the devs gave it to them, and I feel like it went downhill from there. Yes the Devs should listen to their player base, but what we want isn’t always what’s actually best for the game.