Comments

  • I don't think there would be much difference. As a killer main, I obviously blow WAY more BPs on killer than survivor. I have every killer lvled and only 1 survivor has all the perks I like using.

  • Well, it would make killers much more powerful in comparison to survivors at the same level, because the fact that killers earn more bloodpoints per match on average would make killers easier to level up if you could only spend bloodpoints on the role you earned them with.

    If the goal is to prevent people from farming points as killer to spend on survivors, a better idea would be to simply buff survivor bloodpoint gains so that the average survivor earns around the same as the average killer per match. That way, there's no longer any incentive to change roles just for extra bloodpoint gains.

    Not that I think that using killer to farm survivor bloodpoints is a problem in the first place - it can affect queue times, but it also encourages people to play different roles more often, which can only be a good thing where the health of the community is concerned.

  • Idk how I get them long as I get them. My only complaint is with how many it take to get all perks at max. That an the 1m cap.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Well, it would make killers much more powerful in comparison to survivors at the same level, because the fact that killers earn more bloodpoints per match on average would make killers easier to level up if you could only spend bloodpoints on the role you earned them with.

    If the goal is to prevent people from farming points as killer to spend on survivors, a better idea would be to simply buff survivor bloodpoint gains so that the average survivor earns around the same as the average killer per match. That way, there's no longer any incentive to change roles just for extra bloodpoint gains.

    Not that I think that using killer to farm survivor bloodpoints is a problem in the first place - it can affect queue times, but it also encourages people to play different roles more often, which can only be a good thing where the health of the community is concerned.

    Is this even a common thing? I know alot of survivor mains who dont even have a killer lvled up past like lvl 10. Is it common for a survivor main to swap over to killer when they get low on BPs?

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/864824#Comment_864824

    Is this even a common thing? I know alot of survivor mains who dont even have a killer lvled up past like lvl 10. Is it common for a survivor main to swap over to killer when they get low on BPs?

    Well, as a survivor main, although I do have a few killers significantly levelled, I don't go out of my way to play killer just to get bloodpoints for survivor. That said, I care relatively little about bloodpoint efficiency. I play survivor because I enjoy it, and I waste millions of BP prestiging characters because I'm a completionist. But I can imagine that those who do care about levelling characters efficiently might use killer to get extra bloodpoints at times.

    It's probably pretty uncommon, though. I suspect most survivor mains, given a choice between playing a bunch of killer for extra bloodpoints or playing their preferred role and enduring the BP penalty, would choose the latter.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/864854#Comment_864854

    Well, as a survivor main, although I do have a few killers significantly levelled, I don't go out of my way to play killer just to get bloodpoints for survivor. That said, I care relatively little about bloodpoint efficiency. I play survivor because I enjoy it, and I waste millions of BP prestiging characters because I'm a completionist. But I can imagine that those who do care about levelling characters efficiently might use killer to get extra bloodpoints at times.

    It's probably pretty uncommon, though. I suspect most survivor mains, given a choice between playing a bunch of killer for extra bloodpoints or playing their preferred role and enduring the BP penalty, would choose the latter.

    That's what I figured... I'm a killer main and only play survivor when it tickles my fancy for a game or two.

  • I dont play Killer at all. All my blood points are spent on my survivors. My friend who plays both killer and survivor will do the killer dailies then decide if they want to use them to level a new survivor or level up an existing one, but most of the blood, and in fact blood earned on the survivors is spent leveling the killers they have.

    I also see the stupid killer only daily rituals are back again which is great if I played killer but I don't.

    I average a lot less than 10,000 blood each match, rarely pip up and spend most of my time trying to do just the survivor track on the rift challenges as there is little much else I can do at my skill level.

    There is no mystical reason why I experience this and a lot of other players do not. Its because I am not that good at this game. But I choose to continue playing dreadful trials and not disconnecting. Or suiciding.