Straight Up BS
So, just the fact that I logged into the forums and MADE an account says something about my frustration and this game. I am an adult women with a full time job and a million children and all I want to do is come home and log in and kill people. I have been playing dByd since the summer BBQ. A long time!
Ever since this game went free, match making has been trash. Behavior, you knew you were going to get new players. Thousands. That went on as has persisted for at least 2 years. 2 YEARS!! Then, we have the "we will have our own servers". Delayed, delayed....did it even happen?? Matching making is still TRASH!
The ration of rage quit into the purple and red games has become herpes. I repair a gen with a new part and the killer rage quits. I lose my part and the game. There needs to be a serious detriment system for the players acting like 9 year olds, including the 9 year olds! Stop punishing survivors for people quitting, especially when its killers! The system you have is not mean enough! Lock their join session for 5 minutes. DO SOMETHING!! This game knows when its a ######### connection versus someone straight dropping a game. Fix IT with heavy penalties PLEASE! I literally had one night where we had a quitter in some form for like an hour EVERY game. WHAT THE F*??
I don't care if I get matched up with all colors. Just get me a GD game!
Rereading this post for errors makes me realize that I continue to play a game that is broken and I must be loosing my GD mind! Why do I keep going back to a game that is so broken?? Its seriously madness. MADNESS!
Comments
Have you tried repairing a generator without a BNP?
Matchmaking is a difficult issue, and one that's hard to balance. On the one hand, they want to match people with others as close to their rank as possible, but on the other, they want to minimise queue times. It's far from perfect, but bear in mind that they have to take into account different platforms, regions, ranks and times and find a system that works for everybody. A larger playerbase would solve many of the problems with matchmaking, but that's not something the devs can just program into existence.
The game isn't free on any system except mobile, which is still in beta. Dedicated servers are still being worked on. Yes, the delays are frustrating, but it would be even more frustrating if the developers pushed out a half-complete project that doesn't work properly and just makes everyone's experience miserable. It definitely wouldn't help the matchmaking issue either.
As for disconnections, there will be a new system implemented in the next patch on PC, and most likely alongside dedicated servers on console, doing exactly what you suggested - punishing people who disconnect from matches by locking them out of the queue temporarily. There are also plans to implement a new "husk" system which will result in less punishing games for those left behind after a disconnect. More details can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/73858/developer-update-june-july-2019#latest
(Also, I would edit out the part of your post that refers to ragequitting as "herpes", as making light of serious issues in such a way is against forum rules.)
You seem like someone with a lot on their plate, and I'm sorry that DBD isn't the relaxing escape that you would like it to be. If it is causing you too much additional stress, it might be a good idea to take a break from the game for a while.
Next update the punishments for DC's roll out.
Though a lot of the DC/s are because of serious issues with the game that need to be addressed as well; but rather than suffer through them as most would they just leave because there is no penalty.