Help for deaf people settings option
Sounds are very important in dead by daylight, so what about an option like in fortnite to introduce deaf people in the game including the things that appear in DbD mobile, but to make it fair and avoid people not deaf using it, activating it will mute all game sound, so it's fair for everyone
Comments
deafen people has the same rights to play in both platforms
Features that are typically on a mobile version don't exactly translate well to different platforms
I never heard of that being a thing
Unfortunately, this game is too much based on hearing to really be played in the same way by deaf people. I have a deaf friend and as much as I'd love to play with her, this is one game I can never recommend for her.
Some of the features that mobile games used is typically because they don't have the resources that other platforms do these features typically are used to compensate for that.
However when playing on those platforms if you were to add these features in they would feel incredibly out of place. Mainly because you're compensating for something that doesn't need compensation.
I don't see how that applies to deaf mode.
Let me give you an example say a mobile game uses Vibrations to notify the player on something deaf people could typically use this to play the game but you really can't use vibrations to notify somebody about something on PC especially if they're using mouse and keyboard
From what I understand, dbd mobile's deaf thingy is 100% visual
Alright if you want to use bad example you would have to balance a whole system around that.
Dead by daylight mobile already has that as their core system Dead by daylight on other platforms does not.
This would mean that you would either have to make it ubiquitous with the other platforms or you would have to make a separate version that can be enabled and disabled.
Then you would have to balance around that feature and some of the features would be next to impossible to convey with visual effects.
For example Michael and Amanda's breathing are both very loud distinct and reverberating this is a clear way to tell if they're around you when they're in stealth mode.
How would you be able to communicate visually without completely ruining the Stealth of those characters.
I'm of severe hearing loss and played dbd since it came out on xbox. Cant hear much but still play the game. The visual effect would be an interesting concept to try out
BHVR won't even add in a feature for color blind people... Sadly I can't imagine this ever happening either.
I don't see how it's a bad example when it's the main point.
You don't need to balance around that. It's not giving more information than what you have with sound.
I don't know, I never played dbd mobile to see what they do in those cases. And lack of imagination to figure out how it should work, doesn't mean other people don't know either
I remember Left 4 Dead games had good captions (even in vs) it will tell you the killer sounds when they were near, which is weird because recently I was thinking about how can deaf people play DBD without captions. I think when the killer is nearby I think they should add some kinda caption message for the terror radius (obviously stealthy killers wouldn't have this) and other captions like chainsaw sounds, humming (for Huntress), children singing (Freddy) etc.
that's why I made the discussion, to add that option