Settling into rank
I am not a rank one killer and I am ok with that. I have noticed that when I settle into "my" rank I will average roughly one kill per game which feels bad and becomes really discouraging. I feel like the dev's balancing for a two kill average is having the effect of front loading the statistics during our climb causing a sag in representation for when we reach our current potential. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I tend to agree. It's just hard for killers because pipping means kills, not just hooks. Survivors have way more means to get pips, and therefore can feel more successful in a match regardless of whether or not they survive.
Killers just have more "I lost" moments.
The 'Peter Principle' - used to describe people on a career ladder.
'the principle that members of a hierarchy are promoted until they reach the level at which they are no longer competent.'
Same goes for killers I think.
I want to clarify, I'm not suggesting that it should be easier to rank. I'm saying that when you arrive at your natural rank that your average kills should be two but, currently, it seems to be one kill.
It depends on what your natural rank is, I suppose. Because the requirements for depips, safety pips, etc. change with each rank. So at some ranks a 2k will generally net a safety pip, at others you can rank up with that.
It's a good point you bring up about player satisfaction, though, and the fact that it can feel demoralising to constantly 1k at your "natural" rank. It's part of why many people believe that the victory cube, while flawed in many ways, had its merits as a measure of killer performance when compared to the emblem system.
Look at it this way.
You're helping the killer you're using by underperforming.