Matchmaking putting me in different server location

Usually, I get a Singapore or Hong Kong dedicated server that has around 50ms, but now the game always forces me to group with people from the middle east with more than 100ms? Did the server reach its limit or what? Also the rank in the lobby is fked up.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Were you playing solo or SWF? Because when playing SWF with people from other regions, you will be matched to whichever data centre is closest to the host.

    According to the below post about how dedicated servers work, a data centre is selected after the matchmaking is completed, so it's also possible that you were matched with people from various nearby regions and the Middle Eastern server was determined to be the best choice overall to host that game, taking into account the latency of everyone involved. It's possible that it matched you with people from other regions because there weren't enough nearby players in the queue at that time, especially if you were playing at a low-traffic time like 2-6am.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/62205/design-2-7-0-ptb-dedicated-servers-learnings#latest

  • @Fibijean said:

    Were you playing solo or SWF? Because when playing SWF with people from other regions, you will be matched to whichever data centre is closest to the host.

    According to the below post about how dedicated servers work, a data centre is selected after the matchmaking is completed, so it's also possible that you were matched with people from various nearby regions and the Middle Eastern server was determined to be the best choice overall to host that game, taking into account the latency of everyone involved. It's possible that it matched you with people from other regions because there weren't enough nearby players in the queue at that time, especially if you were playing at a low-traffic time like 2-6am.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/62205/design-2-7-0-ptb-dedicated-servers-learnings#latest

    I play solo atm, just recently happened to me, but the whole time I'm playing I always get 100ms+ server. Also the queue time is really long playing as survivor for me.

  • @PeenutsButt3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/855269#Comment_855269

    I play solo atm, just recently happened to me, but the whole time I'm playing I always get 100ms+ server. Also the queue time is really long playing as survivor for me.

    It might be to do with the local playerbase, then. Queue times are often long if there aren't enough people in the queue in your region, so it's possible that the system eventually ended up matching you with people outside your region just so that you could get a game.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/855277#Comment_855277

    It might be to do with the local playerbase, then. Queue times are often long if there aren't enough people in the queue in your region, so it's possible that the system eventually ended up matching you with people outside your region just so that you could get a game.

    There are usually more people in this part of the world, queue time = go peepee time to me. Not even that, when I got into a lobby in the other server, killer and survivor, I have to wait a little more to get enough people.