A Question About Spirit, current build not proposed build

So I am in a match repairing a generator and I hear a whoosh and then Spirit downs me instantly. Is this expected behavior of her perk? If so what is the best counter? I was running David's unique perks for the Adept achieve. Mainly as I was using the buff on safe unhooks to help my score, and then figured why not try for adept. No none of my saves were crazy, I waited till I was sure the killer was well away. (No I didnt do any unhooks with the Spirit match).

If the new proposed build will cause her whoosh to be heard map wide, how will that help if immediately after the killer is able to materialize and down the targeted survivor?

I apologise if this question seems a little obtuse, but Steam is down right now so I am unable to quiz any of my friends who play killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Revansith

    Because, like The Legions Iridescent pin add-on... the Prayer beads add-on change is a lot more tame than it's previous iteration. For one, hearing a Terror Radius or Spirits Whoosh sound effect is heard around the entire map... it's less likely to be a threat as the game progresses...

    The real power in add-ons like that is it keeps people off generators for a second or two and even more if they're paranoid about it... where, pre-nerf prayer beads would just remove the sound entirely and would have multiple people be grabbed off generators and hooked as a result...

    but besides that, this is why it helps.

    Like I said before, it causes paranoia over-time... but it also makes where she's a bit of a challenge to pin-point... kind of like Legions add-on as well. It's a bit stronger since you don't need a hit to activate the add-on like Legion does with his Iridescent pin... but it's still a lot more tame than say... no sound at all and MASSIVE paranoia about being picked off a generator.

    In-general, the strength lies in the paranoia it instills... it also makes where she'll be unpredictable. So she could whoosh mid-chase on an injured Survivor and instead go right to a generator and grab someone off it or hit them instead... it causes more time being wasted on the Survivors part and makes her more unpredictable.

    It's more balanced for sure than say... having literally no clue where she'll be and than magically be grabbed of a generator out of nowhere... at least with this you can actually know if she'll try something like that with common sense.

  • That is indeed expected behaviour of her power. The whooshing sound warns you that the Spirit is phasing nearby, and she moves very fast while phasing so you don't usually have a lot of warning if you hear it close by. Because of the build that you were using, she was likely able to zero in on your location by listening to your groans of pain.

    As for your second question, FireHazard did a pretty good job explaining how the new Prayer Beads Bracelet addon works and why it's an improvement on the current design. Essentially, with the old PBB, you had no idea where she was or what she was doing at any given time. With new PBB, you still have no idea where she is, but at least you know when she's phasing.

  • This is why I like this community, many helpful players sharing knowledge for newer players.

  • @Revansith said:

    This is why I like this community, many helpful players sharing knowledge for newer players.

    Glad we could be of service.